none
script error, line: 2126, There is no connection for this connection ID. res://ieframe.dll/preview.js

Question

• If someone can't come up with a simple solution soon, I will just change to Chrome, which seems to print fine!

I installed the software/drivers for Officejet 6700. It stated that I had to upgrade my browser to: Chrome, Safari or IE9. I was using IE8. I moved and won't have access to the 6700 for a couple weeks, but thought it best to get my computer set up for it. I am using the HP Photosmart 4580 wireless printer. I can print fine from Chrome, (which I downloaded due to this problem), and Safari. I removed IE9, and printing was again, no problem. I have spent at least 10 hours on this problem, researching websites etc., including Microsoft websites and forums. (One would think that Microsoft would have a DEFINITE ANSWER to this problem instead of sending users to look over numerous topics and only get SUGGESTIONS.) Getting more irate about Microsoft's lack of concern for finding fixes for the average user!!! Can anyone help me with a definite solution on this forum?

Thanks in advance, kcwbird

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 5:09 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

have you done a windows update and installed any additional/option device driver updates. see Start>Control Panel>Action Center

Rob^_^

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 8:50 PM
  • Rob^_^,

Thanks for your interest! Windows Updates are complete. Also did driver update for the Officejet 6700 printer. No help. Think I will do an uninstall of the Officejet 6700 software/driver and see if this helps. If so, then I should lean toward some kind of help from HP. What do you think? BTW, my HP laptop is running Vista Home Premium, Service Pack 2.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 1:47 PM
  • Hi,

Most printing problems are the result of old driver software...

this article explains the troubleshooting steps http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/printer-problems-in-windows which includes checking for driver updates, ... follow the troubleshooting steps outlined above. Yes... installing driver software for hardware that is not connected to your machine might be a cause. I would expect that your Printer Control Panel does not show 6700 printer? You can try removing the drivers for the 6700 printer you do not have connected to your machine..... windows has plug and play... if you attach new hardware it will prompt you to search for suitable drivers... either from your network, your computer or from the internet.

You did not mention if you had run Action Center and followed any recommendations it made about fixing issues on your computer.

Its hard to guess, but my next option would be to look at the IE addons you have installed...

the Nitro PDF printer Addon and a Coupon Printer ActiveX Addon from coupons.com are known to cause problems with IE8 and 9. go Start>Control Panel>Programs and Features and uninstall those addons if you have them installed.

Rob^_^

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 4:06 PM
  • Hi,

You may refer to this and try to fix the issue.

Unable to print or view the print preview of a webpage in Internet Explorer

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973479

You receive a script error and are unable to print from Internet Explorer 9

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2652062

Kim Zhou

TechNet Community Support

Friday, July 20, 2012 9:20 AM
  • Thanks for your input. At the time I installed the software for the 6700 printer, it was connected to my laptop, (wirelessly), and yes, the 6700 printer does show in the Printer Control Panel.

I don't se the Action Center when I go to the Control Panel, in Vista. Not sure how to get there.

Also, don't know how to determine what ActiveX Addons I have installed...  I don't see them in the Programs and Features pages.

Thanks again for youre interest in my problem, kcwbird

Monday, July 23, 2012 6:45 PM
  • Hi,

You may have a look the links I mentioned.

Kim Zhou

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 3:25 AM
  • Since most of the offered solutions I've found appear to be workarounds I thought I'd post what fixed the issue for us - there is a hotfix for Windows Fax and Scan which apparently replaces the DLL file(s) causing this problem.

We're seeing the issue in Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 (32 and 64bit) and running IE9 32bit. Install the hotfix as appropriate for your system and reboot.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2647169

Dave

• Edited by DHeck Friday, June 07, 2013 10:37 PM posted text vs just a link
    Friday, June 07, 2013 10:35 PM