none
Mouse not captured in Windows Server 2008. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am trying to install Windows Server 2008 on a hyper- V Virtual Machine. The Generation of my machine is Generation 1. I am unable to install the Operating System on this Virtual Machine because it is giving the error " Mouse input cannot be captured in Remote Desktop Session".

How could we move forward with it?

Thanks in advance.

• Edited by garima4496 Tuesday, July 9, 2019 9:36 AM
    Tuesday, July 9, 2019 9:36 AM

Answers

• Sounds like you'll need to fall back on keyboarding skills until OS is installed where you can install integration services.

(please don't forget to mark helpful replies as answer)

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 4:24 PM

All replies

• What version of Hyper-V?

Maybe something here (https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/5e01e5b3-ed30-45bf-a64b-d2661d8801be/mouse-amp-keyboard-issue-in-hyperv-manager?forum=winserverhyperv) would help?

tim

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 12:27 PM
  • Yes, this is expected behavior. You'll need to use the keyboard to begin and complete the installation.

IIRC, once the Integration Components are installed, you'll have mouse access.

EDIT:  Once the OS is installed and you've had your reboot, changed the admin PW, etc., you'll gain mouse control.

• Edited by essjae Wednesday, July 10, 2019 2:08 AM
    Tuesday, July 9, 2019 4:14 PM
  • Sounds like you'll need to fall back on keyboarding skills until OS is installed where you can install integration services.

(please don't forget to mark helpful replies as answer)

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 4:24 PM