Visio file preview RRS feed

• Question

• I may not be in the right group but anyway, I can't seem to preview visio files in windows explorer. Do I need to install vision viewer for that. I have Vision 2010 but preview is handy for me.
    Tuesday, November 15, 2016 6:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, did you mean you cannot see the preview of Visio files as shown in the following figure?

If yes, please confirm if this problem with different Visio file formats, for example .vsdx, .vsd.

I suggest you try to repair Visio applications:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair-an-Office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&fromAR=1

If my understanding is wrong, please provide more information about your problem and I'm glad to help you.

Regards,
    Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 17, 2016 7:06 AM
  • Emi,

Yes, files are .vsd format and preview is working for word or excel files but not visio. Ran repair but still same thing.

Thursday, November 17, 2016 1:07 PM
  • Hi,

At the time of saving the file, please follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Launch Microsoft Visio file

Go to File- Save As

In the Save As window, check Save Thumbnail at the bottom of the pop up windows and click on Save.

Once done try to check if it displays in Preview Pane.

Regards,
    Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 6:41 AM