none
TLS error after upgrading to Windows 10. RRS feed

• Question

• I recently upgraded 2 of my workstations to Windows 10 to test before upgrading the rest of my workstation. Both workstations were running windows 7 pro. after upgrading the OS I am having issues accessing sites through IE11 and Edge, however I can get to the site via Chrome or Firefox without any issues. When I try to navigate to the sites not working in IE/Edge I get the TLS error message below. I have checked my TLS settings and have verified that all TLS options are enable. Why would I be able to get to these sites via other browsers but not via IE/Edge, and how to I resolve the issue?

Can’t connect securely to this page

This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.

Friday, June 15, 2018 8:06 PM

All replies

• I have the same of problem on the Windows 10 2106 LTSB/1803 edition. When I access to the https://www.google.com from the IE11 and Edge. It will appear the following error message.

Error Message:

Can’t connect securely to this page
    This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.

I have excluded the GPO/Proxy etc... factors within the company. 

But the IE change to the "InPrivate mode" could be worked.

If I uninstall the KB4343887KB4343558, it work. If I ignore these patches, then install the next new cumulative update KB4457131. The IE couldn't access google again.

What's happening? There are so many posts to talk about this problem, but all the solutions not any helpful.
    If Microsoft can't resolve this issue, all of users will change to use the Google Chrome browser.

Thanks!

• Edited by 38Fire Friday, September 21, 2018 5:49 AM
    Friday, September 21, 2018 5:47 AM
  • This is definitely a Microsoft/Window 10 problem.

It doesn't matter what settings are used in Windows 10 - IE 11 and Chrome seem to ignore them and continue to report TLS 1.0/1.1 are enabled, when they are not.

Its ridiculous that so many people are being hit with this bug and people are pointing fingers at the browsers.

The bug impacts IE 11, Edge and Chrome. Firefox for some reason, is fine.

Friday, June 21, 2019 10:36 PM