none
IE9 loads first webpage but does not load a redirect page

Question

• I have a problem with IE9 32bit not loading a website page. Was working fine until about a two weeks ago.I sign in to my college online, login and get to a home page then click a link to my online classroom. That page does not load I get no action, not information and no error messages. There was no problems with the website until about 2 weeks ago. School's tech support could not resolve issue os I had to download and use Firefox, which works great. I have been using the website daily for the last three years without a problem, now I can no longer access the website on with either of my win 7 pro and IE9 computers. Both have the same issue.

How can I get this problem fixed?

Monday, October 31, 2011 2:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

“I had to use Firefox to post this also, IE9 did not load the logon screen”

From your description, I just want to know whether this problem occurs on all the webpages?

Please kindly try to reset the IE by following steps:

1.Go to Control Panel –All Control Pane Items - Internet Options.

2.Choose Advanced tag, click “Reset…” button, click OK in the pop-up box.

3.Click OK to close Internet Options, then restart Internet Explorer.

Also I suggest that you may try to use MSE to check the virus.

1. Download Microsoft Security Essentials from http://www.microsoft.com/security/pc-security/mse.aspx.

2. Install it.

3. Update the signature to the latest and preform a full system scan.

Since this problem also may be caused by one or more of the following files is missing, damaged, or improperly registered:

Urlmon.dll

Mshtml.dll

Actxprxy.dll

Oleaut32.dll

Shell32.dll

Shdocvw.dll

To resolve this problem in Internet Explorer, follow these steps:

1.Click Start button, move to All Programs -> Accessories, click Command Prompt.

2.Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then press Enter.

3.When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message, click OK.

If this does not resolve the problem, repeat steps 2 through 3 for each of the following files (in step 2, replace Urlmon.dll with each of the file names below):

Shdocvw.dll

Actxprxy.dll

Oleaut32.dll

Mshtml.dll

Shell32.dll

Please try these and let me know the result. If there any unclear, please feel free and let me know.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Thursday, December 01, 2011 6:06 AM
    Wednesday, November 02, 2011 9:43 AM

All replies

• I had to use Firefox to post this also, IE9 did not load the logon screen,
    Monday, October 31, 2011 2:03 PM
  • School's tech support could not resolve issue

What did they suggest?   Tracing would be a good idea.   Use either IE9's Network capture or Fiddler2.

---

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 4:22 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

“I had to use Firefox to post this also, IE9 did not load the logon screen”

From your description, I just want to know whether this problem occurs on all the webpages?

Please kindly try to reset the IE by following steps:

1.Go to Control Panel –All Control Pane Items - Internet Options.

2.Choose Advanced tag, click “Reset…” button, click OK in the pop-up box.

3.Click OK to close Internet Options, then restart Internet Explorer.

Also I suggest that you may try to use MSE to check the virus.

1. Download Microsoft Security Essentials from http://www.microsoft.com/security/pc-security/mse.aspx.

2. Install it.

3. Update the signature to the latest and preform a full system scan.

Since this problem also may be caused by one or more of the following files is missing, damaged, or improperly registered:

Urlmon.dll

Mshtml.dll

Actxprxy.dll

Oleaut32.dll

Shell32.dll

Shdocvw.dll

To resolve this problem in Internet Explorer, follow these steps:

1.Click Start button, move to All Programs -> Accessories, click Command Prompt.

2.Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then press Enter.

3.When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message, click OK.

If this does not resolve the problem, repeat steps 2 through 3 for each of the following files (in step 2, replace Urlmon.dll with each of the file names below):

Shdocvw.dll

Actxprxy.dll

Oleaut32.dll

Mshtml.dll

Shell32.dll

Please try these and let me know the result. If there any unclear, please feel free and let me know.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Thursday, December 01, 2011 6:06 AM
    Wednesday, November 02, 2011 9:43 AM
  • OK,

Same issue here.  redirects don't reach their destination.

• no popup blockers
    • IE settings reset
    • DLL's registered.

But the above solution (found in MS KB)  does not solve the proble.

Next steps planned:

• Copy above DLL's from another working computer and re-register
    • Remove IE8, run something like CCleaner, and re-install. (corporate computing; can't move up)

Any other ideas or troubleshooting steps would be appreciated. 

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 2:58 PM
  • Next steps planned:

• Copy above DLL's from another working computer and re-register
    • Remove IE8, run something like CCleaner, and re-install. (corporate computing; can't move up)

Any other ideas or troubleshooting steps would be appreciated. 

Why?   If it is just a problem with redirection it probably has nothing to do with modules.   As I suggested to the OP:  Tracing would be a good idea.   E.g. redirects (regardless of their implementation) could be blocked by Security settings or problems with DNS.   Neither of you has told us anything about those factors in the symptom description.   And just because you can use a different browser does not mean that the implementation or message flow or timing is the same.   Again, tracing would help clarify those things.   I don't know about the trace capabilities of other browsers but you could use Fiddler2 to provide a common method of tracing any browser session.   Other symptoms are possible when using Fiddler because it is implemented as a proxy but at least it would give you some idea of the differences in your cases.

BTW assuming you are looking for help and not just reporting your Me too! case it would be best if you started your own thread with your own details to avoid needless confusion with the details of the original incident.

FYI

Robert
    ---

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 4:43 PM
    Answerer