none
Where are all the stencils that have shapes that are found through search RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm using Visio 2010 Standard.

When I click on More Shapes to find additional stencils, I see a fixed list

When when I search for a shape, I find one which is not on any of those stencils. So where are all those additional stencils that have these shapes.

For example, when I searched for 'bar chart' shape I get shapes like 'Bar graph 1'.

But where is the stencil that has all of these shapes?

Thanks

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 3:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I know, you could try to find your custom stencils under the path:

Users\<user name>\Documents\My Shapes

And you could find the pre-installed stencils under the path:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\Visio Content

(Please note: If you use the 32-bit version of Visio, please go to

C:\Program Files (X86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\Visio Content)

If I mistakenly understanding anything, please feel free to post back.

Best Regards,

Emily

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 10:28 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.

I was able to locate the actual location of the shape. But the Visio Content folder is a bit hard to read. It's not grouped in any specific way.

I guess I was hoping to be able see those stencils grouped  just like 'Basic Shapes' or 'Calendar Shapes'.

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 9:06 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your response, and I could understand your needs. But it is by designed that different stencils stored in different files by category in Visio Content folder. And these files’ names are not the same as the names of stencils/groups in search results. Thanks for your kind understanding.

If you need further assistance, feel free to post back. 

Best Regards,

Emily

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Thursday, October 31, 2019 9:14 AM
  • Hi,

Would you please mark the replies as answers if they are helpful to help close this thread? Your action would help other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. 

Thank you for understanding! If you have any questions, or updates, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Emily

Thursday, November 7, 2019 1:23 AM