none
How to display recurring events in OOTB "Events" webpart on modern page? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

As events web part in modern UI, doesn't display recurring events, however i was wondering if still there is any possibility to display "5" upcoming recurring events in events web part?

Best Regards,

Dipti Chhatrapati

Thursday, December 5, 2019 2:11 PM

Answers

• Thank you very mcuh Itch for sharing useful information!

Wondering that OOTB Group calendar can display recurring events, but Event web part doesn't consider recurring events.

I could find out that in SP-Starter Kit has "Personal Calendar" webpart which is a custom web part hints that, there is no OOTB approach possible, while this webpart displays all recurring events including non-recurring events I suppose.

Planning to go for Personal Calendar Web part!

Best Regards,

Dipti Chhatrapati

Monday, December 9, 2019 11:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Dipti,

It is a by-design behavior, there isn't any support for recurring events in the modern web part.

Modern UI for adding events does not allow recurring events.

John Saunders(Microsoft project manager) announces that Web parts don't support duplicate events:

https://twitter.com/johnsanders/status/1088535175510671360

In addition, there are many such requests on SharePoint user voice:

https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/forums/329214-sites-and-collaboration/suggestions/20472028-recurring-events

As a number of commentors have suggested, Group calendars do a great job with recurring events and are a great way to show them on your modern pages.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, December 6, 2019 1:59 AM
  • Hello Itch,

Thank you for your attention, Yes that's not possible in current OOTB web-part, however would there be any possible way? or it require creating custom solution? 

The "Group Calendar" refereed here is "Calendar list in classic mode" or "SPFx React based Calendar Web-part" or something else? Can you please clarify?

Best Regards,

Dipti Chhatrapati

Friday, December 6, 2019 10:56 AM
  • Hi Dipti,

It is the Office 365 Groups workspace.

By definition, it integrates with Outlook since it is an Outlook-based calendar.

It can be embedded on modern pages.

More information about Create a Calendar Group

In addition, Group calendars are not fit to situations where you want a calendar that is shared by the whole company.

Because it also has some limitations, if your user is not in the Office 365 group, he can't view the calendar content.

It may not be perfect as your replacement solution, but as far as I know it is the only possibility.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, December 9, 2019 2:08 AM
  • Thank you very mcuh Itch for sharing useful information!

Wondering that OOTB Group calendar can display recurring events, but Event web part doesn't consider recurring events.

I could find out that in SP-Starter Kit has "Personal Calendar" webpart which is a custom web part hints that, there is no OOTB approach possible, while this webpart displays all recurring events including non-recurring events I suppose.

Planning to go for Personal Calendar Web part!

Best Regards,

Dipti Chhatrapati

Monday, December 9, 2019 11:52 AM
  • Hi Dipti,

I'm glad to see you find another solution and thank you for sharing it.

If you think the replies are helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 1:29 AM