none
Can`t RDP to one of two IP`s RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i am having a strange problem, can`t RDP (logon through console is ok) to Windows 2008 R2 server though one of two IP. One IP is ok (the server has two NIC`s). The error is "The connection was denied because the user account is not authorized for remote login". Although user is a member of Domain Admins group that is not removed from Remote Desktop Users group.  Thanks for any ideas.

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 5:17 AM

Answers

• Have found out. It is configured in RD Session Host Configuration, there was deny permissions on Remote Desktop Users group :)
    Thursday, June 27, 2019 12:37 PM

All replies

• HI,
    1 if you not use NLA for your W2008R2,will the problem persist ?
    2 did it work well before ?
       did you change any setting on problematical w2008r2 recently ?(like installing windows update patch)

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 3:57 PM
  • Hi,

1. Disabling NLA changes error to "The requisted session access is denied".

2. I wasn`t administering this server earlear, so i don`t know. Have found few installed updates during last month, have uninstalled them, but it didn`t helped.   

Thursday, June 27, 2019 11:45 AM
  • The server configuration is such that while connecting to one IP address it launches application with the help of .bat file and second IP is left for administration purposes (one NIC is named by application name, the second is named "Admin"), but i can`t connect through it. I am wondering where such configuration can be made in 2008 R2 server? Looking at local policy (gpedit.msc) i see no startup scripts.
    Thursday, June 27, 2019 12:05 PM
  • Have found out. It is configured in RD Session Host Configuration, there was deny permissions on Remote Desktop Users group :)
    Thursday, June 27, 2019 12:37 PM
  • hi,

I am glad to hear that your issue is solved.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 28, 2019 9:21 AM