none
an error happened while running the windows server essentials configuration wizard. please check the trace log for details when i try to log on RRS feed

• Question

• Hi anytime i try to log in to my work server manager 2012 R2 i get this error messages: " an error happened while running the windows server essentials configuration wizard. please check the trace log for details ". Please somebody help me on this. I am new in this field. Thanks.
    Monday, July 22, 2019 11:07 PM

Answers

• Hi,

In general, in order to complete the WSE configuration wizard, admin permission is necessary. I want to confirm with you if you are unable to log on the system with domain admin or local admin account? If specific account is unable to log on system, account profile corruption may also causing such problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 8:29 AM

All replies

• Hi anytime i try to log in to my work server manager 2012 R2 i get this error messages: " an error happened while running the windows server essentials configuration wizard. please check the trace log for details when i try to log on server manager ". Please somebody help me on this. I am new in this field. Thanks.
    Monday, July 22, 2019 10:56 PM
  • You'll find more essentials experts over here in dedicated 2012 essentials forum.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?forum=winserveressentials

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by kevo dk Monday, July 22, 2019 11:12 PM
    Monday, July 22, 2019 11:00 PM
  • ok. Thanks Patrick
    Monday, July 22, 2019 11:08 PM
  • You're welcome.

(please don't forget to mark helpful replies as answer)

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by kevo dk Monday, July 22, 2019 11:12 PM
    Monday, July 22, 2019 11:10 PM
  • i marked them
    Monday, July 22, 2019 11:12 PM
  • Thank you!

Monday, July 22, 2019 11:14 PM
  • Hi,

In general, WSE installation includes two steps: system installation and WSE configuration.

Based on the error message, if problem happens on WSE configuration, and you are unable to enter system now. A system re-installation is recommended:
    1> Disable network cable first, re-start system and boot it from installation medium.
    2> Once the system has been installed(before WSE configuration), connect the network cable, check and update hardware drivers.
    3> Run the WSE configuration wizard to check the result. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 7:39 AM
  • Hi, 

I think the error is occurring due to permissions because super admin can be able log in without the error messages. The question is which permissions should the super admin assign to me to get rid of this errors?

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 5:34 PM
  • Hi,

In general, in order to complete the WSE configuration wizard, admin permission is necessary. I want to confirm with you if you are unable to log on the system with domain admin or local admin account? If specific account is unable to log on system, account profile corruption may also causing such problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 8:29 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang   

Monday, July 29, 2019 6:59 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 2:53 AM
  • Thanks guys. problem solved.
    Friday, August 2, 2019 1:30 AM
  • Hi,

I am glad to hear that your issue was successfully resolved. If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post on the forum.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Friday, August 2, 2019 2:06 AM