none
Windows Server 2016 HyperV - SuSe SLES12 SP2 Guest machine's network adapter settings not aligned with windows host RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My Windows server 2016 HyperV SuSe Guest SLES12 SP2 machine's network adapter settings are not aligned with the physical network adapter settings in windows server 2016 host, i.e.  in hyperv SuSe SLES12  guest machine is showing "Unknown" Duplex and Auto-negotiation=off, but in windows server 2016 host, the physical adapter is showing Full duplex mode and auto negotiation is ON.   Is there a way to make these two network settings parameters in SuSe HyperV guest machine align with windows Host  network adapter settings ?

[HyperV SuSe SLES12 SP2 Guest machine network adapter settings]

> sudo /sbin/ethtool eth0

Settings for eth0:

Supported ports: [ ]

Supported link modes:   Not reported

Supported pause frame use: No

Supports auto-negotiation: No

Advertised link modes:  Not reported

Advertised pause frame use: No

Advertised auto-negotiation: No

Speed: 100Mb/s

Duplex: Unknown! (255)

Port: Other

PHYAD: 0

Transceiver: internal

Auto-negotiation: off

Link detected: yes

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 12:29 PM

Answers

All replies

• You may want to reach out to the Linux on Hyper-V experts over in their forum - https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=linuxintegrationservices

tim

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 12:44 PM
  • Thank you Tim for directing me to the right forum
    Tuesday, June 25, 2019 1:02 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting in our forum!

Tim is right. The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding.

BR,

Daniel

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 27, 2019 1:53 AM