none
Unable to upload documents to employment web sites, *.doc, *.pdf files will not upload, Internet Explorer 9, Windows Vista RRS feed

• Question

• I first notice the problem about a month ago. Suddenly I am unable to upload my resume to internet job sites. Word and PDF files will not upload and I end up having to manually enter a text version of my resume, which is time consuming and less attractive than the formatted versions. I have MS Word 10 but even saved as compatible to lower versions it will not upload. I've tried saving the documents with shorter file names and making sure they do not exceed the space requirements. I've tried removing text boxes and other unusual formatting in case that was the issue. Off the top of my head, my resume will not upload to government job sites, my university job seeker web site, or the career builder web site. This must be an issue with either windows Vista or my internet explorer settings. I've searched the internet and this forum for an answer but have not been successful in resolving the issue. I noticed another user of the forum posted the same question, but the answer - a link to a resolution that changes a registry key - did not resolve the problem. My registry already matches the recommended settings.

To recap - I cannot upload documents to internet sites. This is needed for my job search. Please help!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 7:03 PM

Answers

All replies

• Has it ever worked properly,

I'll take it your not emailing these resume's to these sites as you refer to uploading them,

Also do you have a full version of office 2010 and a operable outlook email or a operable windows live mail email, part of windows live essentials 2011.

Also are you sure these are not docX file type,

Have you check the recipients for document restrictions, size or format.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 7:30 PM
  • Dissed,

The problem now seems to be intermittent. I tried again and was able to upload from another page to Career Builder and governmentjobs.com but not to experience.com. Have concluded it might be a problem with experience.com and have e-mailed their support system. Yes to all your questions. Thanks for your response.

Heidi

Heidi
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 5:30 PM
  • It could be a delay in activating your account if it was a new account and outside their work hours..
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 8:22 PM
  • how to solve it

Thursday, July 18, 2019 11:27 AM