none
Skype for Business 16.0.7167.2060 - Dial-in number showing twice

Question

• I can not find much on this issue. It is more of a cosmetic issue, but the user I am supporting would like this fixed. When she sends a meeting invite, it displays the dial in number twice. We have reinstalled, Outlook, Office and even rebuilt her profile, but it is still happening.  Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks so much for all your help

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 6:06 PM

All replies

• Hi bloodswan,

Welcome to our forum.

Did this issue occur when you schedule meeting using OWA?

If this issue didn’t occur when you schedule meeting using OWA, we suggest you update Office 2016 to the latest, then check if the issue persist.

If this issue also occur in OWA, run the following command to check dailin conferencing access number and scope it to the contact object’s registrar pool:

1. Run Get-CsDialInConferencingAccessNumber
    2. then using the identity above I ran: Set-CsDialInConferencingAccessNumber –Identity <Existing Dialing Conf> –ScopeToSite

We could check if there are any errors in application log, post the error to us for troubleshooting.

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know.           

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 6:52 AM
  • I'm experiencing an identical issue with a newly created SfB deployment (latest CU). It appears to be a bug with the SfB Outlook Addin version 16.0.7571.5276. Will you confim what version your user has? A common path is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\UCAddin.dll

Jim - there are no errors, the dialin number and name are displayed twice, regardless of global or site scoping for the dialin conferencing number. The issue does not occur when scheduling in OWA or SfB Web Scheduler.

Thursday, January 5, 2017 10:18 AM
  • Thanks for replying, the version we are using is 16.0.7167.5283.

Thursday, January 5, 2017 6:22 PM
  • Thanks for replying, the version we are using is 16.0.7167.5283.

Hi Bloodswan,

Please tell us if this issue occur in OWA as my first post.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Wednesday, January 11, 2017 2:18 AM
  • Sorry for the delay, the user is out and I am waiting for her to return to make sure this works.  I Will update as soon as she gets back.  Thanks for all your help
    Wednesday, January 11, 2017 7:38 PM
  • Does the region user part of assigned with duplicate dial in access numbers?Do you have multiple dialin configuration added with same number?

Jayakumar K

Thursday, January 12, 2017 12:42 PM
  • Forgive my ignorance, but where would I go to check this?
    Thursday, January 12, 2017 4:35 PM
  • Hi bloodswan,

If this issue also occur in OWA, we suggest you re-create “dial-in plan” in Skype for business server 2015 control pane, I assume there are Skype for business server 2015 in organization.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 2:15 AM
  • This does not happen in OWA
    Tuesday, January 24, 2017 3:48 PM
  • Hi jimiller0,

Because this issue didn’t occur in OWA, please update SFB client to the latest as the following link:
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/uclobby/2016/07/29/skype-for-business-2016-update-list/

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu

Saturday, February 4, 2017 7:46 AM
  • Helllo,

I'm seeing this exact same issue. The customer I'm working with just updated their client to Office 365 Pro Plus v 1701 buld 7766.2092. OWA only displays the number once when scheduling a Skype Meeting, but scheduling a meeting thru the Outlook 2016 client does.

The customer is in a hybrid environment (S4B On Prem w/ Exchange in the cloud). I have only configured one dial-in conferencing number in the control panel.

Thanks,
    Josh

Josh Crabtree UC Engineer

Thursday, June 15, 2017 7:48 PM
  • Any update on this issue ?

I am on SFB 2016 MSO (16.0.7726.1042) 32bit

Richard Ojel...

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 2:42 PM
  • Hi,

My apologies - I was out of the office for a few days.

I had the customer switch distribution channels from 'deferred' to 'current' and then upgade to the latest O365 Pro Plus release on the 'current' channel (v 1705, I believe). After the upgrade, the issues went away.

This link covers the process to switch channels. NOTE: you cannot revert back from 'current' to 'deferred'. However, 'current' releases will be offered to 'deferred' after a period of four months. Thus, the June 2017 update that was installed by the customer will be offered to his peers on the 'deferred' channel in Oct 2017.

This link includes all the releases for each channel.

Hope this helps.

- Josh

• Proposed as answer by Joacrabt Friday, December 8, 2017 4:45 PM
    Tuesday, June 27, 2017 4:27 PM
  • Hello,

Now that is insane that it works ! I followed the link provided by Josh and It is no longer showing the double dial-in numbers, however It robs me of the hypertext, It shows just the number .

I can live with that however some other users might not. Any Ideas ? Also how do I troubleshoot this in future since there were no error codes ?

Richard Ojel...

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 8:51 PM
  • Richard,

I'm not sure of how to fix the hyperlink. My customer didn't mention the link no longer appears after the update, so I'll have to circle back with them and check. Maybe the next client update will address that ;)

As for troublehsooting in the future, if you're running O365, you can always open a support ticket through your tenant. I had suspected this was a client issue because when my customer scheduled a meeting via OWA, the issue wasn't present.

Thanks,

Josh

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 12:51 PM
  • Hey Josh,

Very true, since OWA was not showing the error, logically it would have to be the client.

Thanks a lot - since this was not Skype related but more Office related Issue.

Regards

Richard Ojel...

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 1:33 PM