IE 9: Diagnose remote problem: Export all Configuration Settings? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have one remote customer (with many users) that is having a problem with my company's landing page, and not experienced by any of our other customers. Some <input> control is disabled, the problem is occurring with a couple users, and it is intermittent, and I cannot reproduce it at my desktop. They are using IE-9.

This <input> control is managed by AJAX, but it should disabled only after submitting; there by prevently back-paging and try re-submitting.

One thought is it could be how a particular user's IE-9 browse's configuration is setup.

Is there a way to export an IE-9 browser's configuration of a browser that is experiencing my problem?

Any other suggestion would be greatly appreciate. And no, I do not have a tool that can perform remote desktop access.

Thanks

[As a side NOTE: I am using Peter Blum's ImageButton with "DisableOnCommit=true". Great library of controls and validators!!!]

Thanks
    Jeff in Seattle

Thursday, August 18, 2011 5:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

IE 9\file\import and export, it can export some browser settings.

Also you can click on start - run. Type gpedit.msc. Navigate to Local computer policy -> Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Internet Explorer.

right click on Internet Explorer and you can export all the settings.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Monday, September 5, 2011 7:27 AM
    Monday, August 22, 2011 5:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

IE 9\file\import and export, it can export some browser settings.

Also you can click on start - run. Type gpedit.msc. Navigate to Local computer policy -> Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Internet Explorer.

right click on Internet Explorer and you can export all the settings.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Monday, September 5, 2011 7:27 AM
    Monday, August 22, 2011 5:47 AM
  • You can export all of the settings, where? What type of file are they exported to? How can we get the IE settings to apply to all domain users without a GPO?
    Wednesday, June 22, 2016 5:17 PM
  • Is there a way to export an IE-9 browser's configuration of a browser that is experiencing my problem?

Sometimes when this question comes up the IEDiagCMD.exe tool is mentioned

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/ie/2010/06/07/ie-diagnostics/

It seems most appropriate here since the OP question was more about using the "browser's configuration" as a diagnostic than as an actual requirement for that function.  I don't know how adaptable the diagnostic could be for someone who really wanted the "export" capability.  It's all hypothetical on my part since I haven't really looked at the output from either perspective.   ; )

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, June 25, 2016 8:19 PM
    Answerer