none
Visio 2016 Org Chart Synchronized Copy Formating Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,<o:p></o:p>

I have searched everywhere for a solution for this. I have created a large custom org chart; meaning I haven't used Visio's built in layouts or their "executive/manager/position" panels. I have hand positioned the org chart, formatting it to my organizations specifications. I would like to break up the org chart based on who the head is for each section, so the synchronized copy is a great solution for that, except for this one problem. When the synchronized copy populates to a new page, all of my connectors are moved and/or changed (dotted line vs solid line, colors). Then, when I attempt to adjust the formatting on the synched copy, it messes with some (not all) of the connectors on my main org page. Does anyone know of a solution to this issue, or is my only option to use the built-in layouts of Visio? <o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

An additional error I receive is when I try to sync a copy of an additional section of the main org chart to an existing page, is it completely destroys the section of the org chart that is already there. And, yes, I have unticked the "move shapes" box on page layout. <o:p></o:p>

Monday, October 21, 2019 4:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I know, Visio can help you organize the information in an organization chart with many employees. You can create synchronized copies of employee shapes on different pages of a multiple-page diagram. If you imported employee data, the Organization Chart Wizard might have done this for you and even linked the synchronized shapes. Based on my research, the feature may work smoothly if you use build-in methods to create Org charts. Generally, we recommend you that create organization charts in Visio according to Create an organization chart in Visio.

Because the issue occur with the specific drawing, I can't reproduce the issue and give my suggestions. I suggest you to check the theme settings and manually split the organization chart. 

If you have any updates, feel free to post back to let us know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 9:38 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

If the replies are helpful to this question, please remember to mark them as answers. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Anything unclear or any questions, feel free to post them back to let us know. I will be glad to follow up and help you.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Friday, November 1, 2019 6:08 AM