none
IE 11? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Do you know if there is any information about the release of IE 11? Although IE10 was a big step forward for HTML5 support, IE10 is still lacking support for many features.

Many Thanks,
    Ady

Thursday, January 17, 2013 10:42 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

IE10 has the capability for incremental updates to the scripting and rendering engines (see Help>About Internet Explorer). Security updates (kill bits... I think) continue to be offered through WU.

the xhtml5 spec is still to be ratified and the feedback portal (http://connect.microsoft.com/ie ) is still taking bug and features requests....

IE10 supports the karaoke api (still in draft)... the new <input> types is a bit weak, but I suspect that MS will not bother as there are shims that emulate their behavior...

I have a question 4 you (and other web developers, browser vendors, html editor vendors and w3c members)....

Is xhtml5 'strict'... should it be and can it be?

It will probably be another 10 years before there is a draft xhtml6 spec.... don't know what that will include.... there's more than the kitchen sink there already...

probably the Meat Head api.... Meat stick==touch api, Meat patti == multi-touch api, Meat Head==esp api ==> computers will be able to read our minds.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Friday, January 18, 2013 1:22 AM
  • Hi,

Microsoft haven’t released Internet Explorer 11 yet. When it release, it will upload on Microsoft website.

For Internet Explorer information, you can refer to http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/download-ie

Thanks,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 21, 2013 2:58 AM
  • IE 10 is the worst browser ever. I cannot even comment on most news sites because IE 10 doesn't support it. If I go to IMDB I cannot watch the video because IE 10 doesn't even support the control to trigger full screen graphics. Seems like every day I fond something else on a major web site that IE 10 (or IE 9) simply doesn't support.

It is very frustrating. All the developers at Visual Studio Live in Orlando said the same thing; IE 9 and IE 10 are the worst on the market and do not support most major web sites in some fashion.

Sunday, March 31, 2013 4:05 PM
  • There seems to be no answer to keep IE 11 in Win 8.1 from crashing. Is there a possibility of installing an older IE until IE 11 stabilizes.

Even ATT immediately recommends Firefox or another browser if I even try to login to ATT's Yahoo Mail.

Thanks,

John

FireFox is working well in Win 8.1 Beta.

Copier Guy

Saturday, July 27, 2013 6:17 PM
  • Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab, uncheck "Enable third-party browser extensions"

close and restart all open IE windows for the full changes to take effect.

Post consumer questions to http://answers.Microsoft.com

Rob^_^

Sunday, July 28, 2013 6:27 AM