Oulook 2013 Moving Email to Folders RRS feed

• Question

• We recently upgraded to Outlook 2013 (from Outlook 2010).

In 2010, I set up (some kind of?) shortcut that allowed me to move emails to another folder. Essentially, it was a short cut to the Move to Folder window, and all I had to do was press ALT + 1, which was a very simple combo for my left hand. 

Now that we've upgraded to 2013, I have absolutely no recollection of how I created this shortcut! I've looked into macros and Quick Steps and neither seems plausible.

Anyone have any idea how I created this ALT + 1 shortcut?

• Edited by btothek Thursday, July 23, 2020 1:10 PM
    Thursday, July 23, 2020 1:06 PM

All replies

• Hi btothek,

As I know, the "ALT+1" shortcut key corresponds to the sync option in the Outlook Quick Access Toolbar by default. 

To change it as move email to a folder, please refer to the following steps to customize your quick access toolbar:

1. Click the arrow in the upper right corner of Outlook like below
    2. Choose "More Commands"
    3. Modify choose commands from to "All Commands"
    4. Find the "Move to Folder" command(or other commands you need) and add it to your quick access toolbar
    5. Modify the order of the quick access toolbar and put Move to Folder first
    6. Click OK to save and restart Outlook client

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to the sticky post for more details.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Friday, July 24, 2020 2:43 AM
  • Hi ,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. If you have any further updates on this issue, please feel free to post back.

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to the sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Sunday, July 26, 2020 11:26 AM
  • Hi,

Agree with Jeff that you can configure the Quick Access Toolbar Settings to use the Alt+1 shortcut for "Move to folder". Please have a go on your end and check the result. If it works, it would be appreciated that you can mark his reply as answer. This would be beneficial to others who reading this thread. If you need further assistance on this, please feel free to post back. Thanks! 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Friday, July 31, 2020 5:32 AM