none
What is it: a virus attack or a scam? RRS feed

Answers

• Yes it's a scam.

All the best,
    Pete

#PEJL
    Got any nice code? If you invest time in coding an elegant, novel or impressive answer on MSDN forums, why not copy it over to TechNet Wiki, for future generations to benefit from! You'll never get archived again, and you could win weekly awards!

Have you got what it takes to become this month's TechNet Technical Guru? Join a long list of well known community big hitters, show your knowledge and prowess in your favoured technologies!

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 2:03 AM

All replies

• Yes it's a scam.

All the best,
    Pete

#PEJL
    Got any nice code? If you invest time in coding an elegant, novel or impressive answer on MSDN forums, why not copy it over to TechNet Wiki, for future generations to benefit from! You'll never get archived again, and you could win weekly awards!

Have you got what it takes to become this month's TechNet Technical Guru? Join a long list of well known community big hitters, show your knowledge and prowess in your favoured technologies!

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 2:03 AM
  • Hi,

Not sure if this is a virus or scam.

Don't trust the judgment to the system from three-party software or websites,   just need to make sure the system is the latest version and has started windows defender.

Hope can help you. 

Best Regards,

Kiki

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 21, 2019 7:59 AM
  • Hi levgorin1.

I'm pretty sure it's a scam or an attack try: do not trust those messages coming from web sites.
    Perform a full antimalware scan of your system as soon as you can.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Thursday, November 21, 2019 2:27 PM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

If the reply helped you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Kiki

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 2, 2019 2:06 AM
  • C'mon this was total scam! I totally called it. We won't get a reply.

It's even likely that account and this question are not genuine

The clue is in their picture!

1. "Message from webpage" (not from the device OS) 
    2. "Wait!" - Very 'un-Microsoft voice'
    3.  "Windows Firewall has detected.." - How webpage get message from Windows Firewall?
    4. ".. not updated your Windows system" - How webpage or Firewall know that?
    5. "Windows system" is not Microsoft voice
    6. "..remains damaged and vulnerable" - Damaged how?
    7. "Do not leave this page" - lol very important WEB page?
    8.  The popup below displays basic info obtained from the browser and part of the webpage which the user isn't showing.

I just did a quick picture search for above and it's classic scam

These web pages make people click through to a fake scan tool, which reports viruses and offers a free download, which is itself the REAL payload!

1. Never believe messages from webpages

2. Always use up to date modern browsers and keep your OS updated

I'm breaking a personal rule and awarding the answer to myself, for being first in with a definitive and correct answer.

If you disagree, I'll dance-fight you for it! :D  <3

All the best,
    Pete

#PEJL
    Got any nice code? If you invest time in coding an elegant, novel or impressive answer on MSDN forums, why not copy it over to TechNet Wiki. Sharing is caring <3
    Have you got what it takes to become this month's TechNet Technical Guru? Join a long list of well known community big hitters, show your knowledge and prowess in your favoured technologies! Share the pain, teach others, save the day, from 101 to 1337, give a little back to those less awesome than you :D

Monday, December 2, 2019 9:16 PM