none
ULS Logs are huge in office online Server. RRS feed

All replies

• Already we had OOS version was 8th November 2017,we have installed the latest version office online server(November 2018) with August 2019 office online CU.

we have followed the steps(https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/OfficeOnlineServer/apply-software-updates-to-office-online-server) for installing latest version.After installing latest version the ULS logs are huge for half an hour it is 8+ GB.

Just want to confirm that we're having the same issue here as well.  Brand new Office Online Server installation on Windows Server 2019, no users even touching Office Online Server yet (we haven't even announced its presence or released the feature to our organization), and logs are filling at a rapid pace while the server is seemingly doing absolutely nothing.  Our logs are currently at 5GB this morning, and last night they were 3GB.

Just to confirm the directory filling up, it's:
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\OfficeWebApps\Data\Logs\ULS

Every log in this directory is around 50MB.

• Edited by link470 Wednesday, September 11, 2019 5:45 PM
    Wednesday, September 11, 2019 5:44 PM
  • Hey Hi

For the above issue below fixed my issue(in my case logs location is non-system drive and i am seeing verbose logs in log file).

1.set the log level to medium and restart the OOS service(done is master machine).

2.again set it to default and restart the OOS service after that restart the server.

Set-officewebappsfarm -LogVerbosity “Medium”

Restart-service wacsm

Set-officewebappsfarm -LogVerbosity “”
    Restart-service wacsm

3. if you have more then one server. restart the OOS and then restart all the servers in the farm.

thanks.

Praveen

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 9:18 AM
  • That looks like it's done something!  I won't know for sure until after a few days to see where the size of the logs are at, but the size of the ULS directory is now increasing by .1 MB or so every minute instead of hundreds of megabytes. 

Thanks Praveen!  We'll see how this goes.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 4:08 PM
  • Thanks Praveen!  We'll see how this goes.
    Alright, so quick update.  It's bee 8 hours since I made the change, and our logs have gone from 50MB to about 400MB over the course of the day.  That's way better than it was, but still seems fairly high for Office Online Server to just be continuously writing logs while the logging is apparently set to NULL or off.  Maybe this will be fixed in a future update.
    Wednesday, September 18, 2019 12:13 AM