Most of Options Cannot Displayed in OWA RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I run Exchange Server 2016 (Build number 225.42) on Windows Server 2012 R2 DataCenter server.

When I attempted to access options via OWA, the page said "There was a problem loading your options. Please try again.", e.g., "My Account", "Auto Reply", etc. 

I can access those options via https://mail.mydomain.com/ecp, and all options works well in this way.

P.S. I change the domain site name, is it possible that this action affect the Exchange?

Thanks for replying.

• Edited by ChenryLee Thursday, February 4, 2016 9:01 AM add contents
    Thursday, February 4, 2016 7:57 AM

Answers

• Hi,

For your question, please try below steps for double check:
    1. Launch ADSIEditor.msc.
    2. Expand "Configuration"---> "Sites".
    3. Right-click the site that exchange 2016 server stays, select "Properties".
    4. Locate "distinguishedName" attribute and copy the value into notepad.
    Notes: You can also use <nltest /dsgetsite> to confirm that exchange server's location.
    5. Expand "DC=<Domain>,CN=Configuration,CN=Services,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=<Org>,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=Exchange Administrative Group,CN=Servers".
    6. Right-click the Exchange 2016 server, select "Properties".
    7. Locate "msExchServerSite" attribute, make sure the value in it matches to the value in the notepad

If you modify the Site name, Microsoft Exchange Active Directory Topology (MSExchangeADTopology) service will update the value in AD once it restart.

If so, please also run IIS /RESET to restart IIS service to take effect.
    If this issue persists, please try recreate OWA virtual directory for testing.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by ChenryLee Tuesday, February 9, 2016 3:58 AM
    Friday, February 5, 2016 4:50 PM

All replies

• Dear all,

I run Exchange Server 2016 (Build number 225.42) on Windows Server 2012 R2 DataCenter server.

When I attempted to access options via OWA, the page said "There was a problem loading your options. Please try again.", e.g., "My Account", "Auto Reply", etc. 

I can access those options via https://mail.mydomain.com/ecp, and all options works well in this way.

P.S. I change the domain site name, is it possible that this action affect the Exchange?

Thanks for replying.

Do you mean you changed the name of the Default Website to something else?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread

Thursday, February 4, 2016 3:00 PM
  • Dear Hinte,

Yes, I forgot to change the site name before installing Exchange. After changing site name, I restarted AD topology service (MSExchangeADTopology).

Friday, February 5, 2016 8:03 AM
  • Dear Hinte,

Yes, I forgot to change the site name before installing Exchange. After changing site name, I restarted AD topology service (MSExchangeADTopology).

I wouldn't recommend changing that name.  Can you change it back and see what happens?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread

Friday, February 5, 2016 12:46 PM
  • Hi,

Notes: You can also use <nltest /dsgetsite> to confirm that exchange server's location.
    5. Expand "DC=<Domain>,CN=Configuration,CN=Services,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=<Org>,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=Exchange Administrative Group,CN=Servers".
    7. Locate "msExchServerSite" attribute, make sure the value in it matches to the value in the notepad

If you modify the Site name, Microsoft Exchange Active Directory Topology (MSExchangeADTopology) service will update the value in AD once it restart.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang

• Marked as answer by ChenryLee Tuesday, February 9, 2016 3:58 AM
    Friday, February 5, 2016 4:50 PM
  • Hi,

Allen Wang

Dear Allen,

Thank you so much, after restarting IIS service, everything works well now.

Happy Lunar Festival!

• Marked as answer by ChenryLee Sunday, February 7, 2016 3:23 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by ChenryLee Tuesday, February 9, 2016 3:58 AM
    Sunday, February 7, 2016 3:23 AM
  • Hi,

Very glad the problem is resolved. Please help mark my reply as the answer if it helped.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Allen Wang

Sunday, February 7, 2016 2:50 PM
  • Hi,

Very glad the problem is resolved. Please help mark my reply as the answer if it helped.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Allen Wang

Sorry, I marked my reply as the answer. :( Now I corrected it.
    Tuesday, February 9, 2016 3:59 AM