How do I import a .pst file for an email address that no longer exists? RRS feed

• Question

• The title just about says it all: How do I import a .pst file for an email address that no longer exists?

I have Outlook 365 in a Windows 10 environment.

Saturday, July 18, 2020 1:15 AM

All replies

• No, the subject doesn't say it all. A pst-file isn't tied to an email address. You can open it directly via;
    File-> Open & Export-> Open Outlook Data File

Importing is also possible;
    File-> Open & Export-> Import/Export

Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    Outlook guides and more: HowTo-Outlook.com
    Outlook Quick Tips: MSOutlook.info

• Proposed as answer by Burak VAROL Sunday, July 19, 2020 2:38 PM
    Saturday, July 18, 2020 8:58 PM
  • Hi brisbanebob8 ,

Do you mean that you want to use the PST file you created from another email account before?

If so, as Roady mentioned above, a pst-file isn't tied to an email address. You could directly open it in Outlook desktop client or import it to the email account you want.
    Open and close Outlook Data Files (.pst)
    Import email, contacts, and calendar from an Outlook .pst file

If this is not your case, please provide me with more information related your issue for further research.

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to the sticky post for more details.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Monday, July 20, 2020 6:28 AM
  • Hi ,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. If you have any further updates on this issue, please feel free to post back.

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to the sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Thursday, July 23, 2020 9:35 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing to see if the information above was helpful. If you find the any of the previous replies useful, it would be appreciated that you can mark it as answer so that others who might encounter a same issue can benefit from your thread. If you still have question on this, please feel free to post back. 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Friday, July 31, 2020 7:04 AM