none
Copying files from Client via a mapped drive to file Server WS2019 fails with error “Location is not available” RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Technical  MS

I have a file server run on Windows Server 2019 standard. I deploy map drive file server with GPO vbs for all client logon successfull ok.

I have a problem. My user can bbe edit and save from client to folder drive map. But can not copy from client (File or folder ) to file server error below:

"G:\ is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then truy again. If the location is on a network, make sure you connected the nework or internet, and then try again. If the location can't be found, it might have been moved or deleted"

I have try \\domain\group$\cong nghe thong tin copy normal :(

Help resolve it.

Thanks so much

Thursday, July 9, 2020 3:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What happens if you manually remap it?

Also,  ensure that you have full control or at least modify permissions on the files and folders that you want to copy or move on both locations.

You may refer to the following link for more resolutions:

https://techjourney.net/location-is-not-available-when-copying-moving-with-mapped-network-drive/

Please note: Information posted in the given link is hosted by a third party. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy and effectiveness of information.

Hope above information can help you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Thursday, July 9, 2020 8:07 AM
  • Hi Farena,

I try manunal mapping via \\domain\group$ label disk A:\. It still error 

I try to test add everyone full folder. but still error

Thursday, July 9, 2020 8:22 AM
  • Hi,

Please check the share permission and NTFS permission for the share folder on the file server.

Also, check the option below:

"Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!

Friday, July 10, 2020 8:30 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

If the reply helped you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Monday, July 13, 2020 2:57 AM
  • Hi,

Since you have not responded for a long time, we will temporarily archive this post.

If you have any questions,  please feel free to contact us.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 7:50 AM