Setting up outlook and the Microsoft apps & services window will not let me click "ALLOW RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

I can't seem to get a gmail account setup in outlook email acct. setup 

I am setting up outlook as follows:

1. Fist the exchange mailbox automatically configures then I attempt to configure another email account IMAP.

2. After clicking “NEXT” the Google authentication screen pops up.

3. After entering the email address and clicking “NEXT” the password screen comes up.

After entering the password I get the MS apps & services screen but the “ALLOW” but is greyed out.

This occurred with 4 different Gmail accounts on 4 different win 10  pc’s all new setups.

This is where I am stuck.

Any ideas as to why this is occurring? Google has passed the buck and told me it must be a MS issue.

Thank you

• Edited by Perry-Pan Wednesday, December 4, 2019 2:04 AM remove personal information
    Tuesday, December 3, 2019 2:56 PM

Answers

• Perry,

I"LL BE A Son OF A B#$@! the repair worked!!!!

I cannot see how running a Office repair would make the "ALLOW" button active but it did.

MANY MANY THANKS!!!!

That's great! 

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by AJINC Thursday, December 5, 2019 1:37 AM
    • Edited by Perry-Pan Friday, December 6, 2019 8:32 AM
    Thursday, December 5, 2019 1:10 AM

All replies

• What's the detailed version of Outlook? You could find this information via File > Office Account > About Outlook.

We can also try adding the account in Control Panel > Mail > Email Accounts to see if there are any difference.

Besides, to get Gmail account working on Outlook client, please also make sure "Allow Less secure apps" is turned on.

In addition, let’s repair Office. To do this, please go to Control Panel > Programs and Features. Right click your Office suit and then choose Change. Click Repair.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 2:19 AM
  • Perry,Thank you for taking the time to read and reply to my question.

The detailed outlook version info:

When adding email acct in control the email test fails saying user / password was rejected but I know they are correct because i can login to gmail web portal with them.

The allow less secure is on, this email account is working in Outlook 2016 on a win 7 pc we are just moving some users to win 10 new pc's but I am having the crazy issues especially with the Google MS apps & services window's "ALLOW" button not working on 4 different pc's with 4 different users.

I can't really see it being outlook needs to be repaired on all 4 pc's but i will try one.

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 11:09 PM
  • Perry,

I cannot see how running a Office repair would make the "ALLOW" button active but it did.

MANY MANY THANKS!!!!

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 11:15 PM
  • Perry,

MANY MANY THANKS!!!!

That's great! 

Regards,

Perry

• Marked as answer by AJINC Thursday, December 5, 2019 1:37 AM
    • Edited by Perry-Pan Friday, December 6, 2019 8:32 AM
    Thursday, December 5, 2019 1:10 AM
  • Perry,

No problem it's done and again many thanks!

Thursday, December 5, 2019 1:38 AM
  • You are welcome :)

Here I will provide a brief summary of this post for your information.

[Issue Symptiom]

====================

Add a Gmail account to Outlook 2019. In the Microsoft apps & services window, “Allow” option is grey out.

[Solution]

====================

Repair Office: To do this, please go to Control Panel > Programs and Features. Right click your Office suit and then choose Change. Click Repair.

[Reference]

====================

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/repair-an-office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b

• Edited by Perry-Pan Friday, December 6, 2019 1:29 AM
    • Proposed as answer by acewarner Tuesday, August 4, 2020 7:38 PM
    Thursday, December 5, 2019 1:55 AM
  • Not sure about the repair office solution it might be a way to do it. But I find that if you close Outlook completely and then go to default applications and change the email default from the crappy "Mail" application that Microsoft packages with Windows 10 and change it to "Outlook" the grey button will be enabled every time.
    Tuesday, August 4, 2020 7:40 PM