none
"Send link by email" in IE9?

Question

• I have just moved from IE8 to 9, and I want to send a link by email.  I often do this.  I found a way:

Press Alt, to bring up the old menu, click on the File menu, hover over Send, and click "Link by email".

You have got to be joking!  Please tell me I'm wrong, I'm missing something, or just that I'm plain stupid.  Tell me anything, but don't tell me that's the only way to send a link by email in IE9!

Monday, June 27, 2011 5:12 PM

Answers

• Tell me anything, but don't tell me that's the only way to send a link by email in IE9!

Ok.  If you enabled the Command bar and its Page button you can press Alt-P,p,l.

---

• Marked as answer by Bigteddy Wednesday, June 29, 2011 5:26 AM
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 10:36 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• "Bump"  I really want to know.  IE fundi's, please tell me.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 12:47 PM
  • Tell me anything, but don't tell me that's the only way to send a link by email in IE9!

Ok.  If you enabled the Command bar and its Page button you can press Alt-P,p,l.

---

• Marked as answer by Bigteddy Wednesday, June 29, 2011 5:26 AM
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 10:36 PM
    Answerer
  • Thank you, Robert.  I didn't know what the 'Command Bar' was until now.  Now it looks more like IE8, and I feel more comfortable!

(I wouldn't rate that as being plain stupid, just I was missing something)
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 5:26 AM
  • What happened to the Mail button in IE9?
    http://answers.microsoft.com/thread/29f7c66b-4b23-4958-b5d1-bedb625b7f70

[You will find Consumer-specific support for Internet Explorer in this forum: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie]

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) ~ MS MVP (IE, Mail, Security, Windows & Update Services) since 2002 ~ Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 6:20 PM
  • In Windows 8 use the Share Charm from the Metro IE.  It works beautifully and is much nicer than emailing a bare link.

+tom allen

Cupertino, CA

+tom Cupertino, CA

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:13 AM