none
Speed Dial?

Question

• I would like to use IE9. However, I cannot think of a way to get over the lack of a Speed Dial facility. The IE9 popular sites page isn't what I'm looking for as I want to be able to easily select from about 30 web sites I have permanently displayed in Opera's Speed Dial. The IE9 favourites bar isn't suitable because of the number of sites I need to add and I've failed to locate an IE9 add-on. I can't believe I'm the only one who needs a speed-dial or something similar. What do others do to get this sort of functionality?

Brian

• Edited by rafikiphoto Sunday, September 11, 2011 7:11 AM
    Sunday, September 11, 2011 7:10 AM

Answers

• The IE9 favourites bar isn't suitable because of the number of sites I need to add

What are you thinking of as the limitation with that option?  E.g. you can add as many items as you want to the Favorites Bar including having them grouped under subdirectories.   Some items would just have a higher profile than others by being represented by a button.   In addition if you use the Windows Search supplement to the Search from the Address bar feature you can find any Favorite with just a few keystrokes.  If they don't differentiate quickly you can rename them or click the show more chevron for Favorites.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Sunday, September 11, 2011 12:43 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• The IE9 favourites bar isn't suitable because of the number of sites I need to add

What are you thinking of as the limitation with that option?  E.g. you can add as many items as you want to the Favorites Bar including having them grouped under subdirectories.   Some items would just have a higher profile than others by being represented by a button.   In addition if you use the Windows Search supplement to the Search from the Address bar feature you can find any Favorite with just a few keystrokes.  If they don't differentiate quickly you can rename them or click the show more chevron for Favorites.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Sunday, September 11, 2011 12:43 PM
    Answerer
  • Why don't you create your own local html page, store it on your hard drive in your Dropbox folder and have it accessible from all your computers?

The html itself is very simple requiring no javascript. Simply create a 6x5 table and populate it with the website's favicon or logo or an icon depicting the website and an anchor.

• Edited by seventhexile Saturday, September 24, 2011 9:58 PM
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 9:58 PM