none
is there a way to generate a report on number of TEAMS have been created since a certain date and owners of them RRS feed

• Question

• is there a way to generate a report on number of TEAMS have been created since a certain date and owners of them?e i

I assum this can be done via power shell script?

Is there a sampe script I can use?

Thanks for any tips!

Monday, June 17, 2019 6:53 PM

All replies

• Hi QuickLaunch,

Based on my research, you could try to use the script: Office 365 Groups and Teams Activity Report

With this script, you could find the numbers of Teams in your organization. However, it seems you could not find how many teams have been created since a certain date, and in my research, I did not find the script which could do this for now. Hope others who have crated the script could share this to us. 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 6:14 AM
  • Sure, you can use PowerShell or the Graph API to build such report. Here's a sample:

Get-Team | select DisplayName,@{n="WhenCreated";e={(Get-UnifiedGroup $_.GroupId).WhenCreated}},@{n="Owners";e={(Get-UnifiedGroup $_.GroupId).ManagedBy -join ","}} | ? {$_.WhenCreated -gt (Get-Date).AddYears(-1)}

DisplayName WhenCreated         Owners
    ----------- -----------         ------
    Office 365  17/06/2019 11:39:09 vasil,backup

It uses both the Teams and Exchange Online cmdlets, as there is no way to get all the data you want in a single cmdlet.

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 6:55 AM
  • Hi QuickLaunch,

Is there any update for this issue? 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, June 21, 2019 6:36 AM
  • Hi Vasil,

What is "DisplayName" in this command? Is the display name of the Team?

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 3:06 PM
  • Hi Vasil,

I ran this command as is, but got an error:

"get-team" is not recognzed..."

Can you advise?

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 3:23 PM
  • Tuesday, September 17, 2019 6:01 PM
  • I have installed Team Powershell module and made sure I have the Team admin rights.

But I got 0 output from the command.  the command prompt returned with nothing output on the screen

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 9:06 PM