none
ie proxy settings automatically changing RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using IE 7, my proxy server settings changing to ip 127.0.0.1 automatically and also to some port number .once i changed , then again it changed  to automatically

please help me to fix this issue...

Thanks SUBBURAJ.T
    Sunday, May 29, 2011 11:51 AM

Answers

• Please reset IE settings and see if it resolves the issue.

If it does not work, please delete the the ProxyServer key from the following Registry branch.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

I cannot be assure if it will be re-added after you manually delete it. This Registry key can be added by third party programs. For example. Antivirus Live 2010.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Monday, June 6, 2011 9:17 AM
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 5:44 AM
  • 1. "How to reset your Internet Explorer proxy settings."

Malicious software may change Windows Internet Explorer proxy settings, and these changes can prevent you from accessing Windows Update or any Microsoft Security sites.
    To have us reset the Internet Explorer proxy settings for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section.

2. Please Reset Internet Explorer settings. See:
    "How to Reset Internet Explorer settings".

3. Then please follow carefully all the directions in this post: How to get rid of malware

Hope this helps,
    Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows & Security Expert - since 2003.
    Moderator in the Microsoft Answers and TechNet Forums
    My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 6:11 AM

All replies

• Please reset IE settings and see if it resolves the issue.

If it does not work, please delete the the ProxyServer key from the following Registry branch.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

I cannot be assure if it will be re-added after you manually delete it. This Registry key can be added by third party programs. For example. Antivirus Live 2010.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 5:44 AM
  • 1. "How to reset your Internet Explorer proxy settings."

Malicious software may change Windows Internet Explorer proxy settings, and these changes can prevent you from accessing Windows Update or any Microsoft Security sites.
    To have us reset the Internet Explorer proxy settings for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section.

2. Please Reset Internet Explorer settings. See:
    "How to Reset Internet Explorer settings".

3. Then please follow carefully all the directions in this post: How to get rid of malware

Hope this helps,
    Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows & Security Expert - since 2003.
    Moderator in the Microsoft Answers and TechNet Forums
    My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 6:11 AM