none
True offline IE installers RRS feed

• Question

• i need a true offline IE 8 installer.  is there such a thing?  i keep getting installers that try to connect to the internet.  my network does not have internet connection capability.  any ideas?
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 3:39 PM

Answers

• Hi gazoo,

When you install Internet Explorer for Windows, the installer program tries to automatically install prerequisite updates and these updates need to download from internet. If this part of the installation fails, Internet Explorer stops the installation process. In this situation, if you really need install Internet Explorer offline.

Try install Internet Explorer offline package on computer without internet connection.

It will fail with “cannot download update for Internet Explorer installation”

Click “get update” it will lead to an update list webpage

Download these update from another computer with internet

Install these update to target computer then install Internet Explorer again.

Regards

D. Wu

Friday, March 13, 2015 9:59 AM

All replies

•  keep getting installers that try to connect to the internet.

You mean it's messy?  I don't think it causes a problem.  Just ignore the prompts.  It's been like this since IE4 at least, even when I had the CD to install from.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 6:24 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi gazoo,

When you install Internet Explorer for Windows, the installer program tries to automatically install prerequisite updates and these updates need to download from internet. If this part of the installation fails, Internet Explorer stops the installation process. In this situation, if you really need install Internet Explorer offline.

Try install Internet Explorer offline package on computer without internet connection.

It will fail with “cannot download update for Internet Explorer installation”

Click “get update” it will lead to an update list webpage

Download these update from another computer with internet

Install these update to target computer then install Internet Explorer again.

Regards

D. Wu

Friday, March 13, 2015 9:59 AM