none
Automatically assign user or group to a shared email address RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to know if it possible to automatically or dynamically attribute a shared email address to a user or group depending on certain rules ?

I want to use shared email addresses due to the way they show up in outlook (like a separate email account) rather than O365 groups (witch show up as groups and not separate email accounts). Like in the picture below

Sunday, January 26, 2020 9:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I would like to know if it possible to automatically or dynamically attribute a shared email address to a user or group depending on certain rules ?

I want to use shared email addresses due to the way they show up in outlook (like a separate email account) rather than O365 groups (witch show up as groups and not separate email accounts). Like in the picture below

You can give a group full mailbox access to a shared mailbox and add users to that group.

Note if using a group, the mailbox is *not* automatically mapped to their Outlook profile. The user would have to add the mailbox manually. Otherwise, you would have to script something.

Sunday, January 26, 2020 11:23 PM
  • Hi,

Do suggestions above help? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 1:22 AM
  • Hi,

Do you have any further issue on this topic?

Meanwhile, if there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 30, 2020 1:45 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the answer, but when I want to add a group it only suggests the users

Also where could I find the script for adding the emails.  The kind of script I'm looking for is either :

• One that asks you to login and then adds all the emails to outlook
    • One that based on the account that your logged into automatically adds all the shared email addresses

Also how does it work for outlook online ?

Thursday, January 30, 2020 8:50 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the answer, but when I want to add a group it only suggests the users

Also where could I find the script for adding the emails.  The kind of script I'm looking for is either :

• One that asks you to login and then adds all the emails to outlook
    • One that based on the account that your logged into automatically adds all the shared email addresses

Also how does it work for outlook online ?

You would have to create something like  that yourself.  for Outlook.com that is the consumer service, so I couldnt tell you
    Thursday, January 30, 2020 11:53 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update about your issue?

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Wednesday, February 5, 2020 8:49 AM
  • Unfortunately, I'm still unable to add groups to the shared email addresses as said earlier
    Wednesday, February 5, 2020 9:00 AM