MSExchange Common Event 6003 Logging (GraphStorageCompactLogs) Failed To Create Log Directory RRS feed

• Question

• It appears as though the GraphStorageCompactLogs log path is not configurable and is set to D:\ExchangeLogs\OfficeGraph\GraphStorageCompactLogs by default.  If this setting is configurable can someone tell me how to configure it so I can point it to a valid path?  Otherwise confirm that this is a hard coded path and a bug, and if able, when a fix might be available.
    Friday, August 11, 2017 10:42 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are there any other related error events in application log?

First of all, make sure system account and Exchange Servers group have full control on folder D:\ExchangeLogs and all subfolders. And this folder and all subfolders are not read-only.

By the way, you are using Graph API? And your Exchange Server is in Hybrid?

Best Regards,

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 14, 2017 2:30 AM
  • Are there any other related error events in application log?

First of all, make sure system account and Exchange Servers group have full control on folder D:\ExchangeLogs and all subfolders. And this folder and all subfolders are not read-only.

By the way, you are using Graph API? And your Exchange Server is in Hybrid?

There don't appear to be any other related messages, other than the Graph API service starting up.

There is no D:\ drive in the system.  This appears to be a default setting that I don't know how to change or is hard coded.

This is a fresh install of Exchange Server 2016 on Windows Server 2016 in co-existence with Exchange 2010.  We currently do not have Hybrid mode set up, but are researching it for a future date.

Monday, August 14, 2017 2:54 AM
  • Graph API is for hybrid Exchange 2016, since you don't have Hybrid mode, I suggest to disable Graph API service to see if it will prevent that error events happening. 

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/deva/2017/07/22/use-microsoft-graph-api-to-reach-on-premises-cloud-users-of-hybrid-exchange-2016/

Best Regards,

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 14, 2017 3:16 AM
  • That is ok as a workaround while we aren't using Graph API, but as I said we are researching it for use at a future date and would like to have this issue solved, not just worked around, when the time comes to implement Hybrid mode.

Besides, that doesn't answer my initial question of where I can modify the Log file path for this service or if it's hard coded and requires a patch to place it in its proper location of %ExchangeInstallPath%\Logging\OfficeGraph\GraphStorageCompactLogs

Monday, August 14, 2017 4:27 PM
  • Hey there,

I have exactly same issue here. After installing Exchange 2016 CU6, this is not a fresh install.

This event appeared when I restarted the service "Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Assistants"

D:\ volume was never a as a local disk drive. This can be the drive for a mapped CD drive maybe.

Definitely a bug somewhere...

Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:50 AM