none
Software Update-based Client Install error 0x80d02002 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an existing Configuration Manager 1910 Site for which I am trying to use Software Update Based Client installation.

I already have a working SUP for the site (that is, I have existing clients which are receiving software updates without error) so I know the underlying service is good.

I have enabled 'Software Updated Based Client Installation' under the sites Client Installation Settings and deployed a group policy to the target devices to specify the SUP as the update service location (the same address as used by the existing CM clients).

When checking for updates the client (to which I am trying to deploy the CM Client) sees the update:

However then fails with error 0x80d02002

Obviously there are no CM logs that I can check on the client side (doesn't look like its getting as far as completing the download/starting the setup).

The devices I am trying to deploy the client to are all Windows 10 1809, patched to March 2020.

I have seen some suggestion online that express updates can cause this error number, however this does not apply to my environment, and I'm assuming that this would not apply here anyway?)

Any suggestions / help as to possible causes / solutions ?

For info, the reason for looking at this install option is to deploy the client to devices which cannot accommodate a push install (due to network firewall traversal).  Also considering deployment via group policy, but it would be nice to understand why this is failing and ideally get it working!

Many thanks,

Phil

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 12:30 PM