How do I restore a Favorites Folder that I accidentally deleted?

Question

• I was deleting Favorites links and accidentally deleted a folder that I really need.  I have looked in the recycle bin but can find it.  Can you direct me on where I should go to restore that folder?

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 10:53 PM

Answers

• Hello,

According to problem description, I suggest you try restoring the system back to the point before losing data; however I could not guarantee that it does work on your computer.

System Restore

1) Before we start, please close all open files and close all open programs.

2) Click Start; click All Programs; click Accessories; click System Tools; and click System Restore. The System Restore user interface should appear.

3) Click Next.

4) From the restore points available, select an appropriate restore point before problem occurs and click Next.

5) Click Next again. The restore process will run and your system will restart automatically.

For more information, please refer to the article below:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/9f6d755a-74bb-4a7d-a625-d762dd8e79e51033.mspx

If you could not retrieve the Favorites folder through the above method, even in Recycle Bin, I feel sorry to say that that data might be losing at this time. I understand that this is not the result you were hoping for. I recommend that: 1. you back up your data at regular intervals in the future to ensure that this does not happen again. By doing a regular back-up you will protect yourself from losing important data. Should any loss or damage occur, you can simply refer to the most recent back-up file. 2. Please do not Empty Recycle Bin without recheck. It is the most safety method to protect your data.

Good Luck!

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Tuesday, March 31, 2009 2:32 PM
    Friday, March 27, 2009 10:19 AM