none
Cannot download files with Internet Explorer 9 to a network folder that is offline RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to save a file to a disconnected network folder that is available via offline files with IE9 nothing happens. The banner "Do you want to open or save ... from ...?" is still displayed on the bottom of the page after choosing the download location and the download does not start. When I choose a local folder everything works fine. I have already reset my Internet Explorer settings. Is this a bug in Internet Explorer 9? OS is Windows 7.

Thursday, June 30, 2011 4:53 PM

Answers

• Yes, this is a known issue of IE9, IE9 fails to save files to a network share even if user has Change share permissions. the fix will be released soon.

current workaround is to give full control permission.

Monday, July 4, 2011 2:55 AM
  • I had the same problem and was told to download adobe acrobat. I thought this info wasn't correct as i was unable to download anything but i gave it a try and it solved this issue.
    • Proposed as answer by maisie30 Sunday, July 31, 2011 8:32 PM
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, August 4, 2011 6:43 AM
    Sunday, July 31, 2011 8:32 PM

All replies

• Yes, this is a known issue of IE9, IE9 fails to save files to a network share even if user has Change share permissions. the fix will be released soon.

current workaround is to give full control permission.

Monday, July 4, 2011 2:55 AM
  • Many other people are reporting this bug.  Anyone seeing this post please visit this and VOTE on the issue.  This is one of the most annoying time wasting bugs I've seen in a long time:

https://connect.microsoft.com/IE/feedback/details/679543/cant-download-files-to-network-share-if-you-do-not-have-full-control-permissions-to-network-share

This happens anytime you try to save files with IE 9 to a network share (mapped drive) where the user who is currently saving the file does not have Full Control permissions to the network share. 

Dynamics GP SSIS Toolkit and XML SSIS Toolkit. Visit http://www.keelio.com for more information.
    Friday, July 15, 2011 7:08 PM
  • I get a Page not found error on your link.
    Sunday, July 24, 2011 12:57 PM
  • I have Full Control on the network share. The problem happens when the network share if offline (cached via offline files). If the share is online the download works fine. Is this the same bug?

Sunday, July 24, 2011 12:59 PM
  • I had the same problem and was told to download adobe acrobat. I thought this info wasn't correct as i was unable to download anything but i gave it a try and it solved this issue.
    • Proposed as answer by maisie30 Sunday, July 31, 2011 8:32 PM
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, August 4, 2011 6:43 AM
    Sunday, July 31, 2011 8:32 PM
  • I see that this has been fixed for IE9, now how about for Win 8 w/IE10?
    Tuesday, February 5, 2013 7:13 PM