none
How can I configure Internet Explorer 9 to log into this forum? RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• First thing there is no reason to add either sites to your trusted list,

It does the opposite effect,

It really sounds like you need to delete your browser history along with any cookies and any saved form data,

Reset ie9,

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

• Marked as answer by Frank Heimes Friday, February 3, 2012 7:13 PM
    Friday, February 3, 2012 6:23 PM
  • Thanks for your quick response!

Resetting all settings might have been necessary but actually was not enough.

I also had to remove both sites manually from the trusted sites list (resetting did not do this) before the problem went away.

However, as far as I remember, I had to add microsoft.com to the trusted sites list in order for their downloader to work properly.
    But I'm not sure about this. Next time I need to download something I double check if this problem arises again and get back here if it does.

Friday, February 3, 2012 7:19 PM
  • Any addon like a download assistant would be another setting entirely,

Go to internet options,

Then go to the advanced section, check the top box,

Use software rendering instead of gpu rendering, apply and okay.

Like I said adding sites to the trusted list is seriously flawed don't use it and keep it cleared. 

Friday, February 3, 2012 9:29 PM
  • Hi,

google and MS sites use sub-domains to redirect uses to their logon proceedures.

If you require them to be in your Trusted Sites list use the star notation.

*.microsoft.com

*.live.com

*.google.com

There are security zone settings for the navigation accross sites in different security zones.

You should always accept the default Security Zone settings (click "reset all zones to default") and adjust web security by adding/removing sites from your IE Security zones sites lists.

Regards.

Rob^_^
    Saturday, February 4, 2012 7:04 PM