RemoteApp RDWeb - The digital signature of this RDP file cannot be verified - Server 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

this is my fist time troubleshooting RemoteApps RDWeb and it's not me who built this setup. I'm also not really familiar with certificates. My installations are in french but I'll try to provide you the right error message translated in English. So here we go:

We have some applications running over RemoteApps RDWeb on the Terminal Server (myterminalserver). We access them by logging in at myterminalserver/RDweb/ using AD credential. Once logged in, we see the available applications. It's been working good in the last months, but now, when we click on an application we get the error:  The digital signature of this RDP file cannot be verified. It happens for all users.

What I think is that my certifiates are expired. I go on the TS server and launch an MMC with the "Certificate" snap-in:

*** For now I can't post images but I'll try to eplain ***

In the MMC with the Certificates snap-in I go in "Certificates : Personnal : Certificates " where I can see expired certificates (12-03-2015) Roles "Client autentication, Server authentication". "Delivred to" and "Delivered by" are the same and it's the name of "myterminalserver.domain.dom".

If I right-click the expired certificate: All Tasks : Advanced Operation : Ask new certificates with same key" I get the error : Regsitration error: The request contains no certificate template information

We are running Windows Server 2012 Datacenter  x64. Clients are running Windows XP, 7, and 8.

Am I on the right way? Do you have any solution?

Best regards.

SamB

Thursday, March 26, 2015 3:31 PM

Answers

• Hi Sam,

Initially please try to update RDP version to latest version 8.1 and verify result. From your description it seems that you are receiving issue with certificate when trying to get access to RemoteApp due to expiration of certificate. Also please see whether you have properly placed certificates under Local computer\Personal Store.

You can check the below article for more details.
    Resigning the RDP signature. Windows Server

Hope it helps!

Thanks.

Dharmesh Solanki

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 30, 2015 1:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Sam,

Initially please try to update RDP version to latest version 8.1 and verify result. From your description it seems that you are receiving issue with certificate when trying to get access to RemoteApp due to expiration of certificate. Also please see whether you have properly placed certificates under Local computer\Personal Store.

You can check the below article for more details.
    Resigning the RDP signature. Windows Server

Hope it helps!

Thanks.

Dharmesh Solanki

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 30, 2015 1:14 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting in Windows Server Forum.

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios. If the issue still persists, please feel free to  reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up.

BTW,  we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks for your Support & understanding.

Regards.

Dharmesh Solanki

Tuesday, April 7, 2015 1:23 AM