none
Automatic collection of data failed; Skype for Business server. CMS isn't in Active Directory RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I'm setting up a Skype for Business lab environment following the step by step guide on the technet blogs. I’m on Step 2 of Step 2 here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn951417.aspx. I currently have one Domain controller and a separate server 2012 joined to the domain that I'm installing the skype for business server too.

My issue is happening when I try to install the local configuration store. The deployment wizard fails at this step stating that "automatic collection of data failed.". I went back to look at my topology and noticed that it was publishing with warnings:

▼ Enable-CsTopology Failed
     └ Error: An error occurred: "Microsoft.Rtc.Management.Xds.ManagementStoreNotFoundException" "Cannot find location of Central Management Store in Active Directory."

▼ Install-CsDatabase Failed
     └ ► Action 6/2/2016 4:58:43 PM Failed
     └ Error: An error occurred: "Microsoft.Rtc.Management.ADConnect.ADTransientException" "Active Directory server "" is not available. Error message: "The LDAP server is unavailable.""

▼ Publish-CsTopology Failed
     └ Error: An error occurred: "Microsoft.Rtc.Management.Xds.ManagementStoreNotFoundException" "Cannot find location of Central Management Store in Active Directory."

▼ Set-CsConfigurationStoreLocation Failed
     └ ► Prepare Topology 6/2/2016 4:58:43 PM Failed
     └ Error: An error occurred: "Microsoft.Rtc.Management.ADConnect.ADOperationException" "Active Directory operation failed on "DC-01.ltn2015-dev.net". You cannot retry this operation: "A value for the attribute was not in the acceptable range of values 
    00002082: AtrErr: DSID-03151817, #1: 
    0: 00002082: DSID-03151817, problem 1005 (CONSTRAINT_ATT_TYPE), data 0, Att 87d8e0be (msRTCSIP-ServerVersion):len 4 
    ""

So, from what I could gather, it looks like it can't find the CMS. I've confirmed though both via logs and via sqlstudio(both rctlocal and rct exist) that the databases exist: 

▼ Install-CsDatabase Success
     └ ► Action 6/3/2016 2:33:01 PM Success
     └ Found "RTCUniversalServerAdmins": True 6/3/2016 2:33:01 PM  
     └ Found "RTCUniversalConfigReplicator": True 6/3/2016 2:33:01 PM  
     └ Found "RTCUniversalReadOnlyAdmins": True 6/3/2016 2:33:01 PM  
     └ Found "RTCUniversalServerAdmins": True 6/3/2016 2:33:01 PM  
     └ Found "RTCUniversalReadOnlyAdmins": True 6/3/2016 2:33:01 PM  
     └ All databases at the specified installation location are already up to date. 6/3/2016 2:33:01 PM  
     └ Command Status: Command processing is complete. 6/3/2016 2:33:01 PM  
     └ Command Status: Command run is complete.

From looking in sqlstudio, it looks to make like the rctlocal and rct databases match in contents.

I can also confirm that the server cannot find a CMS in the AD:

PS C:\Users\administrator.LTN2015-DEV> Get-CsManagementConnection
    Get-CsManagementConnection : Cannot find location of Central Management Store in Active Directory.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Get-CsManagementConnection
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : ResourceUnavailable: (:) [Get-CsManagementConnection], ManagementStoreNotFoundException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ManagementStoreNotFound,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.Xds.GetOcsManagementConnectionCmdlet

PS C:\Users\administrator.LTN2015-DEV> Get-CsAdServerSchema
    SCHEMA_VERSION_STATE_CURRENT
    PS C:\Users\administrator.LTN2015-DEV> Get-CsAdForest
    LC_FORESTSETTINGS_STATE_READY
    PS C:\Users\administrator.LTN2015-DEV> Get-CsAdDomain
    LC_DOMAINSETTINGS_STATE_READY
    PS C:\Users\administrator.LTN2015-DEV>

All my logs can be found here: 
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=77D6D958CA667DC0!1979&authkey=!ABX08_cQzgSsEeU&ithint=file%2czip

Not really sure what to try from this point on. Any idea's?

Friday, June 3, 2016 3:03 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you create a shared folder and then shared it to "Everyone" successfully? If not, add this step and then test again.

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 13, 2016 12:31 PM

All replies

• Hi , 

Are you trying to install STD or Enterprise version of SFB server? If its the standard Edition you must have selected this is my first STD server which allows you to install the CMS server on that itself. 

Can you explain little bit more on the configuration of servers.

Linus

Friday, June 3, 2016 6:57 PM
  • Hi Linus,

I'm trying to install STD. I did indeed select first std server. I can also see that the RTC database (not the local one) exists on the server as well.

It's a simple single server setup right now for a lab. I intend to add an edge server into the loop as well. I'm not using the enterprise model. I'm going standard.

Friday, June 3, 2016 7:39 PM
  • Hi,

You can try the following steps:

1. Restart DC and Skype for Business Server.

2. Make sure there is no firewall block the network between DC and Skype for Business Server.

3. Redo Topology and then publish topology.

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang

Monday, June 6, 2016 2:29 AM
  • Hi Eason,

I just went ahead and tried all of that. I'm still having the same issue as before.

Monday, June 6, 2016 1:24 PM
  • Although you have passed the stage of testing DC/GC , just for testing purpose could you make sure that AD connection and GC is reachable. few such situations are mentioned in the below blog for reference

http://www.zerohoursleep.com/2013/04/error-when-installing-lync-server-2013-local-configuration-store-cannot-find-any-global-catalogs-in-forest/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Linus

Monday, June 6, 2016 7:40 PM
  • After installing the first std edition server, have you published your topology? This step publishes the SCP in AD, and is what is used to find the CMS.

You could also check that it actually exists in AD, if it does maybe you have a connection issue.

Find it in ADSIEDIT under the following:

Hope that helps.

Andrew Morpeth
    Lync and Skype for Business Consultant (NZ)
    Blog: http://ucgeek.co
    Twitter: @AndrewMorpeth

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer"

Andrew Morpeth MVP

Monday, June 6, 2016 8:05 PM
  • Although you have passed the stage of testing DC/GC , just for testing purpose could you make sure that AD connection and GC is reachable. few such situations are mentioned in the below blog for reference

http://www.zerohoursleep.com/2013/04/error-when-installing-lync-server-2013-local-configuration-store-cannot-find-any-global-catalogs-in-forest/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Linus

I found the same article and read through it, but it doesn't look like that is the issue I'm having:

PS C:\Users\administrator.LTN2015-DEV> Get-CsAdServerSchema
    SCHEMA_VERSION_STATE_CURRENT
    Thursday, June 9, 2016 4:09 PM
  • Hi,

Have you create a shared folder and then shared it to "Everyone" successfully? If not, add this step and then test again.

Best Regards

Eason Huang

Monday, June 13, 2016 12:31 PM
  • Hows that an answer Eason?

Andrew Morpeth
    Lync & Skype for Business Consultant - Auckland, NZ
    Check out my blog

Andrew Morpeth MVP

Thursday, June 23, 2016 5:14 AM