none
Folder Redirection RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am desperate to dismantle/remove Folder Redirection, set up by an I.T predecessor,and not required.

Can anyone please provide a step by step detailed guide to action this?

Regards,

Roland

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 6:15 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If it is WSE environment, we usually enable Folder Redirection via Dashboard -> DEVICES -> Implement Group Policy.

The Implement Group Policy wizard will display screen Enable Folder Redirection Group Policy as below:

If you want to remove it, un-check the option “Select all” and click Next, follow the wizard to complete the configuration and apply the change.

Then, you can re-start system or, log off and re-log on users to check the result.  

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 8:25 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang   

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 15, 2019 7:02 AM
  • Hi Eve,

Thanks so much for your reply.

I haven't had a chance to get back to the site, so will do it soon.

I have no experience with WSE, only Sever Standard and SBS

I posted here because there was very little on the Web about this, mostly mentioned editing group policy or creating a second policy to link to.

Your resolution is much simpler.

I will post back as soon as I can

Best Regards,

Roland

Thursday, August 15, 2019 7:47 AM
  • Hi,

Please feel free to let us know if you have more questions or concerns. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Monday, August 19, 2019 7:00 AM
  • HI,

I do have one more concern before actioning.

What are the implications for the Outlook PST files, which are in the users Documents folders, once the redirection is disabled

Regards,

Roland

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 3:49 AM
  • Hi,

It will have no effect on user' files. Once change has been made, users’ must log off the client computer that is connected to the network, and then log on to allow the folder redirection Group Policy to update on the client computers. When the users log on, the users’ redirected folders are downloaded from the server to the client computer.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 8:07 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Monday, August 26, 2019 1:04 AM
  • Hi,

I followed your instructions on Friday, allowing the weekend for the process to complete.

On my return to site today, I checked the path to Outlook's data file and they're all still pointing to the user's Folder Redirect folder on the server.

I tried copying the PST file from Folder Redirect on one user's account and placing in user's Documents folder.

Then change Inbox location to C:\Users\user\documents\Outlook Files.

Looking back at the Data tab in Outlook accounts, the second data file also points to the user's Folder Redirect folder on the server. I cannot get Outlook to attach or use the local copy of the PST.

At this point, I'm not sure what to do.

Best Regards,

Roland

Monday, August 26, 2019 7:50 AM