none
Managed .NET Control not working in Windows 8 / IE 10 RRS feed

• Question

• This question IS similar to a previous post:

Managed .NET Control inside IE no longer works after installing .NET 4.5 RTM

However, I have made the changes to the registry as instructed, I have executed the following as well:

CasPol.exe -q -m -ag All_Code -zone Trusted FullTrust

...and cannot get my control to work from within IE 10.

I am running Windows 8 64-bit.

I have also tried installing .net 3.5 framework using:

DISM /Online/Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:d:\sources\sxs

which did install. I did this since the control was written in VB.net / .net 2.0.

I've been told that it's probably some kind of Group Policy, by can't figure out what to try next...

Any Suggestions?

Thanx

Jerry

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 4:27 PM

Answers

• Hi Jerry,

From your email, I understand that managed .NET control in IE 10 didn’t work after you installed .NET framework 3.5.

Please be aware that Internet Explorer will fail to launch an application that uses managed browser hosting controls. The previous behavior can be restored by setting the EnableIEHosting value of the registry subkey HKLM/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/.NETFramework to 1 for x86 systems and for 32-bit processes on x64 systems, and by setting the EnableIEHosting value of the registry subkey HKLM/SOFTWARE/Wow6432Node/.NETFramework to 1 for 64-bit processes on x64 systems.

For detailed information about this issue, you can refer to following link:

Application Compatibility in the .NET Framework

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh367887.aspx#asp

Also, I suggest we try to install all updates for IE 10 to check the result.

Hope these could be helpful and keep post.

Best Regards, StarSprite

Thursday, August 1, 2013 9:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Jerry,

From your email, I understand that managed .NET control in IE 10 didn’t work after you installed .NET framework 3.5.

Please be aware that Internet Explorer will fail to launch an application that uses managed browser hosting controls. The previous behavior can be restored by setting the EnableIEHosting value of the registry subkey HKLM/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/.NETFramework to 1 for x86 systems and for 32-bit processes on x64 systems, and by setting the EnableIEHosting value of the registry subkey HKLM/SOFTWARE/Wow6432Node/.NETFramework to 1 for 64-bit processes on x64 systems.

For detailed information about this issue, you can refer to following link:

Application Compatibility in the .NET Framework

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh367887.aspx#asp

Also, I suggest we try to install all updates for IE 10 to check the result.

Hope these could be helpful and keep post.

Best Regards, StarSprite

Thursday, August 1, 2013 9:45 AM
  • StarSprite:

Thanx for your response & you are correct.

In trying to debug my situation, it turns out that I wasn't using the correct driver for the device I was trying to use.  Once the proper drivers were installed, and the changes to the registry were made, everything worked.

Regards,

Jerry

Thursday, August 1, 2013 12:36 PM
  • Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your sharing.

It will be very helpful to others who encounter the similar issue as yours.

Have a nice day!

Kate Li TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 1:08 AM