none
RDS farm PKI Error "You cannot logon because the logon method you are using is not allowed on this computer." RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft RDS expert assigned to organization cant even figure this one out. Read carefully!

After normal business hours (6pm-7am), users can remote into the RDS farm using Username/password AND PKI Token.

During normal business hours (7am-6pm), users at SPECIFIC locations (not every location with RDS access) can only login to the farm with username/password. If they attempt to use PKI Token they get the "You cannot logon because the logon method you are using is not allowed on this computer." error. Again those same users CAN login with PK/Token after normal business hours but CANNOT during business hours.

I am convinced it is not a GPO or STIG issue because the do not run on timers. Also don't think it is a Session Host user space issue because I have 4 SHs and only about 15 ppl on each HS at any given time during the day.

I don't know what else to do, someone please give me the answer to this crazy issue. PLEASE!!!

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 7:12 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Please check Event Viewer on both client and RDS system and try to find relate event once problem happens:
    Event Viewer -> Applications and Services Logs -> Microsoft -> Windows -> TerminalServices and RemoteDesktopServices

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 3:02 AM
  • Have already tried looking through the Administrative Events in event viewer but not the ones you stated so I will try and report back. Thank you for the reply.
    Thursday, August 22, 2019 11:36 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 26, 2019 7:36 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 9:20 AM
  • Sorry have been so busy with other issues and the location didn't get back to me for days with a time frame they logged in. Have to get them to attempt login again to get a new time frame. Will let you know what happens.
    Tuesday, August 27, 2019 2:44 PM
  • Hi,

Ok.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 6:57 AM