none
brower not responding in server 2012 R2 standerd RRS feed

• Question

• hi _ all 

we are facing an issue in my server 2012 R2 standard edition. server browser  not responding after 2 hrs .

when i restart the server its work properly. this issue is repeated evry times after 2 hrs, 5 hrs, 1 day, 

Friday, October 23, 2015 12:36 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I want to confirm with you that if the “server browser” you mentioned is system built-in Internet Explorer.

If so, open IE – Tools – Windows Update, check and install available (security/fix/etc.) update for IE, restart might be necessary to complete the installation(restart the server according to prompt message if any), it depends on the update you have installed.

Besides, try to disable add-ons:
    IE – Tools – Manage add-ons – show Current loaded add-ons, disable them and confirm the result.

Also, you may try to reset the IE:
    IE – Tools – Internet options – Advanced – Reset.

If the problem persists, restart the server in clean boot(without 3rd party software/anti-virus), and disable scheduled tasks that might have effect on this, then, confirm the result.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 26, 2015 7:47 AM