none
SharePoint 2013: How to enable the audit log ... Working but Audit - Data Table not populated any information RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Hi Dean,

For troubleshooting the issue, you could check things below:

1. Do a full crawl in the search service application.

2. Run the “Audit Log Trimming“ timer job in central administration. Go to central administration->monitoring->review job definitions->find the “Audit Log Trimming” timer job for the web application which you want to get the report.

And you also could run a custom report, and select all events and select the long data range for the report to check if there is data in the report.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 29, 2016 2:51 AM
  • I hope, above suggestion should help you to fetch the desired reports.

In case you still unable to resolve your concern, you can have a look at this SharePoint auditing tool and check if it helps you to fulfill your requirement.

Friday, April 29, 2016 9:14 AM
  • Hi Sara , 

Thanks for the info 

I preformed the steps above and I getting the the same out come.  Within the report data table , I believe I logging all the information I require but the ""Audit Data - Table " is empty(see above).  

Can someone show me what this table looks like when it is working.

Dean

Monday, May 2, 2016 5:44 PM
  • Hi Dean,

There is the PowerShell script to export the audit log into excel. You could check if there is audit data by the PowerShell command in the post below.

There is a similar post:

http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/119915/how-to-archive-the-auditdata-table-on-a-contentdb

More reference:

Create Auditing Reports in SharePoint using PowerShell.

http://shokochino-sharepointexperience.blogspot.sg/2013/05/create-auditing-reports-in-sharepoint.html

Best regards,

Sara Fan

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 9:23 AM