none
Visio releases - 2013 versus 2016 - HELP! RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I'm about to start a new job and although I am very competent with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook etc I need to train myself up in Visio for my new role. My new employer is currently using 2013 version  but I cannot find 2013 Visio software for sale through a reputable seller.

How much different is 2013 v 2016 release?

If I bought 2016 software and a 2016 reference manual would it look pretty much the same on the screen as the 2013 software and would I be able to find my way around OK?

Thank you

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 11:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Generally, Visio 2016 can work with Visio 2013 smoothly. Visio 2016 and Visio 2013 support the same file types. You can use Visio 2013 to open your drawings created in Visio 2016 without problems. You can use Visio 2016 to open your drawings created in Visio 2013 without compatibility issues as well. 

If you use Visio 2016, you'll still have all the features you're used to in Visio 2013—and you'll get a few new features as well. You can refer to Compare Visio versions and features or Compare Visio options to know more difference between Visio 2013 and Visio 2016.

In addition, you can read this blog article The new Visio is here—work visually  and Compatibility between different versions of Visio to get more information.

To learn more Visio usage skills, please visit Visio help center.

Hope the information was helpful. If you have any updates or anything unclear, feel free to post back to let us know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 5:58 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

If the replies are helpful to this question, please remember to mark them as answers. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Anything unclear or any questions, feel free to post them back to let us know. I will be glad to follow up and help you.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 9:56 AM
  • Hi,

This thread has been around for a long time. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. 

Thank you for understanding! If you have any questions, or updates, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 3:04 AM