none
SP2013 Discussion board - Popularity values RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am currently using SP2013 and i have a question regarding the discussion board's variable.

Can anyone tell me where the Popularity values used by the Discussion Board's Discussion gets their values from.  Is it a mix of two or more metrics or is it something more complicated than that?

Thanks

Friday, April 11, 2014 4:19 AM

Answers

• I would look at this previously related post.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/479b7cb9-c286-4aa3-9d56-f16d4d8a2fbd/disabling-popularity-trends-and-reindex-library-in-sharepoint-2013?forum=sharepointgeneral

In the string it is mentioned that Popularity is a controlled by the Reporting feature. It is something that is likely related to the Search features and not likely stored as a regular list that you can access directly.

• Marked as answer by Lindali Sunday, April 20, 2014 7:37 AM
    Friday, April 11, 2014 5:22 PM
  • Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that you wanted to know where the Popularity values used by the Discussion Board's Discussion gets their values from.

Per my knowleadge, the Popularity values is stored in a Microsoft Excel sheet where you can view the daily and monthly statistics for the item. Each usage event is shown in a separate tab.

It is controled by the usage analytics reports.

To view the Popularity Trends report for Discussion Board, here are two gread articles for your reference:

View the Popularity Trends report

View the Popularity Trends report for an item

Best Regards,

Jason

Jason Guo
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 9:56 AM

All replies

• I would look at this previously related post.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/479b7cb9-c286-4aa3-9d56-f16d4d8a2fbd/disabling-popularity-trends-and-reindex-library-in-sharepoint-2013?forum=sharepointgeneral

In the string it is mentioned that Popularity is a controlled by the Reporting feature. It is something that is likely related to the Search features and not likely stored as a regular list that you can access directly.

Friday, April 11, 2014 5:22 PM
  • Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that you wanted to know where the Popularity values used by the Discussion Board's Discussion gets their values from.

Per my knowleadge, the Popularity values is stored in a Microsoft Excel sheet where you can view the daily and monthly statistics for the item. Each usage event is shown in a separate tab.

It is controled by the usage analytics reports.

To view the Popularity Trends report for Discussion Board, here are two gread articles for your reference:

View the Popularity Trends report

View the Popularity Trends report for an item

Best Regards,

Jason

Jason Guo
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 9:56 AM