none
Internet Explorer 11 "Enterprise Mode" do not work or do not work correctly! RRS feed

• Question

• Dear community,

Since yesterday we test the Feature "Enterprise Mode" for "Internet Explorer 11". However, we have many problems
    with this Feature. We have configured it as described by officially instruction by MS, but it does not work
    properly. Here is what we have done exactly to test this Feature:

1. In Registry Key " HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \ Main \ Enterprise Mode " we have created the Entry " Site List " and create the string " Enable" . In the String "Enable" we have added no value . 
      In Case of String "Site List" , we have specified the path to the XML file , as value of this String.
    2. The XML file was created with the Site List Manager from Microsoft

And now, we regocnized following Problems:

• The "Enterprise Mode" ist only "active", if the User(!) check "Enterprise Mode" under "Tools"...!
    • The site list is seemingly ignored, although in the Registry "currentversion" is pulled correctly, everytime we change
      the XML File. So we think "SiteList" is configured well.
    • On one of our test computer freezes Internet Explorer 11 , if you try to hook the corporate mode

In Summary, it seems to be configured properly but it even do not work or not work correctly.

Our goal would be:

1. Enterprise Mode + access to the Site List by IE11 should be "on" by Default!
    2. Entrys of sitelist.XML should be filtered and shown in "Enterprise Mode" or/and the right "DocMode", as configured.
    3. The user should have no chance  to check on or off the"enterprise mode"

We use "Windows 7" on all our Clients, as test Clients are also running the same operating System...

Please reply

Thank you very much

Greetings!

Ps: Please do not be angry if pronunciation or grammar do not fit well. English is not my nature language (my nature language is german)
    Thursday, January 15, 2015 12:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, seems the end-users can manually turn on\off the enterprise mode, If you don''t want this, you can disable the option.

Computer(User) Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Internet Explorer\Let users turn on and use Enterprise Mode from the Tools menu option

Disable this option, user will not have "Enterprise Mode" under "Tools", after that, please run gpupdate /force to update the policy, and get "Use the Enterprise Mode IE website list" applied again in the target system.

After that, the enterprise mode website list get applied again, and user don't have an option to disable it.

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 19, 2015 9:33 AM

All replies

• You may try use Enterprise Mode Site List Manager:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42501

Thursday, January 15, 2015 8:17 PM
  • Hi,

According to your description, seems the end-users can manually turn on\off the enterprise mode, If you don''t want this, you can disable the option.

Computer(User) Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Internet Explorer\Let users turn on and use Enterprise Mode from the Tools menu option

Disable this option, user will not have "Enterprise Mode" under "Tools", after that, please run gpupdate /force to update the policy, and get "Use the Enterprise Mode IE website list" applied again in the target system.

After that, the enterprise mode website list get applied again, and user don't have an option to disable it.

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 19, 2015 9:33 AM
  • We do have the same problem, the Enterprise Mode doesn't work, everything is configured as described by the Technet Articles. We have a proper Sitelist XML file in place, configured using User GPO. But the IE11 doesn't switch to the Enterprise Mode when a Site which is listed in the Sitelist file

This answer doesn't really help to solve the problem.

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 8:09 PM
  • We do have the same problem, the Enterprise Mode doesn't work, everything is configured as described by the Technet Articles. We have a proper Sitelist XML file in place, configured using User GPO. But the IE11 doesn't switch to the Enterprise Mode when a Site which is listed in the Sitelist file

This answer doesn't really help to solve the problem.

I made some more tests and found out if I configure the site explicit using "Enterprise Mode" using the Enterprise Mode Site List Manager the Enterprise Mode is activated automatically (showing the blue icon) correctly. But I'm now a little bit confused, what is the difference between "Enterprise Mode", "Default Mode" and "IEx Document Mode"?

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 8:22 PM
  • Hi All,

I have te same problem. Lots of my computes can use enterprise mode but others can not.

Any Update?

Thursday, April 9, 2015 9:39 AM