none
Problem accessing all SharePoint (2007 and 2010) sites with IE 10 RRS feed

• Question

• When I open any SharePoint (2007 or 2010) site using IE 10, I get the following:

- The webpage opens, but nothing is accessible.

- Get "A problem with this webpage caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen the tab." error.

- The redirected to a "We were unable to return you to the page you were viewing." error page.

This began happening the morning of 12/13, just after a reboot from a Windows update.

I do not have any problems using Chrome or Firefox. Also, never had a problem with IE 10 before the update.

Friday, December 14, 2012 5:43 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Could you please share more details about the update installed?

Please see if the webpages work in Compatibility View in Internet Explorer 10.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 10:57 AM

All replies

• I am getting similar results access my Office 365 Preview sites.
    Friday, December 14, 2012 5:57 PM
  • Hi,

Could you please share more details about the update installed?

Please see if the webpages work in Compatibility View in Internet Explorer 10.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 10:57 AM
  • I uploaded a screen capture of the Windows updates since 12/13. I have tried using IE 10 Compatibility View with the same results.

Thanks for your help.

Friday, January 4, 2013 3:13 PM
  • To work around it - when you open a Sharepoint 2007 form, which is usually when things don't function correctly - particularly free text boxes, hit F12 on the keyboard and a developer dialogue box will open at the bottom of your screen. Click on 'Browser Mode IE10' and select Internet Explorer 9. This may close your form and you'll have to start again. This works but it is a real pain.
    Thursday, August 29, 2013 7:21 AM
  • Hi Michael,

Please be aware that IE 10 is not supported for SharePoint 2007. See :

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263526(v=office.12).aspx Plan browser support (Office SharePoint Server). IE 9 or 8 are supported. So running IE 10 in compatibility mode could work, however not in all cases.

If the issues are faced with SharePoint 2010, please check the following KBs which might help: 2608565 or 2600100; depending on the .NET 3.5 version you have.

HTH,
    Vlad

Thursday, October 10, 2013 2:29 PM