none
using add-mailboxfolderpermission operation couldn't be performed RRS feed

• Question

• I like to use Exchange 2010 Powershell to give review rights for user B into the the calendar of user B. Seems easy, but no I ran into errors.

I use: Add-mailboxfolderpermission -identity UserA@domain.com:\calendar -User  UserB@domain.com -AccessRights Reviewer

I get the error: The operation couldn't be performed because userA@domain.com:\calendar couldn't be found.

I tried several users, same error. Strangely enough a meeting room box did work.

What am i doing wrong?

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 9:05 AM

Answers

• Hi,
    Personally I find it easier to use the alias instead of primarysmtpaddress, so that is something you could try.
    Also, if the calendar folder is in a localized language you need to specify that name instead of Calendar.

Example:
    Add-MailboxFolderPermission martina:\Kalender -AccessRights Reviewer

In the above example, the Calendar Folder is in Swedish.

Martina Miskovic

• Edited by Martina_Miskovic Tuesday, April 16, 2013 4:53 PM Typo
    • Marked as answer by Pmagistra Wednesday, April 17, 2013 11:13 AM
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 4:52 PM

All replies

• Sorry this is correct:

I like to use Exchange 2010 Powershell to give review rights for user B into the the calendar of user A. Seems easy, but no I ran into errors.

I use: Add-mailboxfolderpermission -identity UserA@domain.com:\calendar -User  UserB@domain.com -AccessRights Reviewer

I get the error: The operation couldn't be performed because "userA@domain.com:\calendar" couldn't be found.

I tried several users, same error. Strangely enough a meeting room box did work.

What am i doing wrong?

• Edited by Pmagistra Tuesday, April 16, 2013 9:10 AM
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 9:06 AM
  • Hi,
    Personally I find it easier to use the alias instead of primarysmtpaddress, so that is something you could try.
    Also, if the calendar folder is in a localized language you need to specify that name instead of Calendar.

Example:
    Add-MailboxFolderPermission martina:\Kalender -AccessRights Reviewer

In the above example, the Calendar Folder is in Swedish.

Martina Miskovic

• Edited by Martina_Miskovic Tuesday, April 16, 2013 4:53 PM Typo
    • Marked as answer by Pmagistra Wednesday, April 17, 2013 11:13 AM
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 4:52 PM
  • Thx Martina for your hint,

I found out :\calendar in Dutch should be :\agenda. Interesting is dat meetingroom mailboxes are in UK language (:\calendar) and the user mailboxes in localised language. Not very consequent.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 11:13 AM
  • Awesome finding, could have used several days on this.

Thanks for writing solution.

Monday, February 5, 2018 8:50 AM
  • Thank you! The localized language was the culprit here. Thanks for sharing. 
    Friday, August 31, 2018 10:35 AM