none
Server 2012 Essentials and office365 add-in, domain not showing up when adding user, only onmicrosoft. RRS feed

• Question

• I've ensured that the non onmicrosoft domain was the primary domain and the add-in also reflects this but when I go to add a new user and create an email address for them the only domain that shows is the onmicrosoft, not even a dropdown w/ their primary domain.  Anyone run into this?  This add-in is useless like this.

Dave
    Saturday, May 30, 2015 3:05 AM

All replies

• I've ensured that the non onmicrosoft domain was the primary domain and the add-in also reflects this but when I go to add a new user and create an email address for them the only domain that shows is the onmicrosoft, not even a dropdown w/ their primary domain.  Anyone run into this?  This add-in is useless like this.  IN the admin portal the correct domain comes up by default.  

Dave
    Saturday, May 30, 2015 2:45 PM
  • Hi,

>>but when I go to add a new user and create an email address for them the only domain that shows is the onmicrosoft, not even a dropdown w/ their primary domain

Are we trying to use our own domain instead of the initial domains? Did we verify the domain after adding the domain to Office365?  Before we can use a custom domain with Office 365, we must verify that we own the domain by adding a DNS record at our DNS hosting provider.

Regarding adding custom domain to Office 365, the following articles can be referred to for more information.

About your initial onmicrosoft.com domain in Office 365

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/About-your-initial-onmicrosoftcom-domain-in-Office-365-b9fc3018-8844-43f3-8db1-1b3a8e9cfd5a?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Domains

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/library/office-365-domains.aspx

In addition, for this seems more related to Office365, we can also ask for suggestions in the Office 365 community.

Office 365

http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/default.aspx

Best regards,

Frank Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 1, 2015 9:51 AM
  • Yes using own domain. Domain verified and functioning in office365 long ago. Domain is primary domain on Office65 web UI so it is the addin that is for some reason not displaying our primary domain in office365.   It doesn't even show our primary domain in the addin.

I do find it funny they sent me here and you send me there.  Regardless it's the addin not the office365 config.

TO further understand here is a screenshot, onmicrosoft only thing listed.  Their domain has been functioning fine for years with many accounts, however addin just installed on new server and failing to work obviously

• Edited by CFB Dave Monday, June 1, 2015 11:34 PM
    Monday, June 1, 2015 10:34 PM
  • One more picture from addin showing their domain as primary.

Monday, June 1, 2015 11:14 PM
  • Any help please? This bug renders the addin completely useless.

Dave

Wednesday, June 3, 2015 7:45 PM
  • Hi Dave,

It's been a long time since your post, but maybe you still remember this case. I faced the problem, ehich you describe, and I'm wondering, if you get any solution.

If yes, could You be so kind, and give me some hint, where to look for an answer.

Thanks in advance

Grzegorz

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 6:22 AM