none
Locked account shows as "not locked" in lockoutstatus.exe RRS feed

• Question

• I have users trying to login to our terminal server 2012 r2 who are blocked because of too many logon attempts

When I go see their status in lockoutstatus.exe it shows they are "Not Locked (Auto Unlocked)"

I keep refreshing, the status won't change but the user still get that message and can't login.

So, I can't unlock the user because he is supposedly "Not locked" but the user can't login because he is supposedly "Locked"

I need help fast please.

Monday, August 12, 2019 4:19 PM

All replies

• Hello,
    Thank you for posting in our TechNet forum.

According to our description, I understand the users are domain users.

If the user account is locked, we can see "This account is currentlylockedout on this Active Directory Domain controller" on Account tab of the user Properties in AD.

We can check whether the users are locked on user Properties in AD.

Whether we receive any error message when we can not login 
    our terminal server 2012 r2.

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 5:53 AM
  • Hi,

How many active directory servers available in your environment?

Check the status in all DCs.

After Unlocking the account, find the root cause to resolve this permanently.

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 8:22 AM
  • Hi,
    If this question has any update or is this issue solved? Also, for the question, is there any other assistance we could provide?

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 16, 2019 2:27 AM
  • Hi,
    Would you please tell me how things are going on your side. If you have any questions or concerns about the information I provided, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Again thanks for your time and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 10:17 AM