none
Where is my disk space? RRS feed

• Question

• Hallo

My laptop run windows 7 and I have a hard disk of 500GB. I recently update the Internet explorer from IE9 to IE 10.

Before, I have written in a paper, the occupied place in my hard disk. It was 443.650.801.664 Bytes. I have downloaded, from control panel àshow hidden updates the IE10, I have installed it, I have updated my skype, I have imported some bookmarks and I have seen my used space after the update.

Here come the surprise!!!! 44.733.579.264 bytes. 1 GB more (1.082.777.600 Bytes to be exact) than before.

Is it possible this update has cost me 1GB of space?

Is it possible this update was so big?

Thank you

Nikos  

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 6:08 AM

Answers

• Hi,

IE10 supports the new HTML5 web storage api's.... part of the additional 'allocated space' is taken up by new protected storage.

Also... MSIE browser updates archive the previous version before installation... that way users are able to restore to the previous version.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us   

Rob^_^

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 9:26 AM