Emoji/Smiley/Square after name in email adress, problem with sending RRS feed

• Question

• Hello i have searched the internet for a while but with no luck. 

When we are sending emails generated from NAV 2018 we sometimes see emails with emojis next to the email address which results in us being unable to send the email without deleting it. 

Anyone knows why this happens?

Thursday, July 16, 2020 7:08 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

Thanks for visiting our forum.

Are you using Outlook desktop client to send emails? If so, what's the version of your Outlook? (File > Office Account > About Outlook). Please make sure you have upgraded your Outlook to the latest version.

>> When we are sending emails generated from NAV 2018 we sometimes see emails with emojis next to the email address which results in us being unable to send the email without deleting it. 

If you are using Outlook desktop client to send your emails which are generated from NAV 2018, to confirm if your issue is related to your Outlook client, please try to directly send emails from Outlook without using NAV 2018 and see if the issue has any difference.

If the issue still continues, as I know, corrupt outlook templates may cause issues like this. please try to rename your Outlook template file(NormalEmail.dotm) and restart your Outlook to see if the issue has any difference.

If Outlook can work fine without using NAV 2018, I'm afraid this issue may be related to the NAV 2018, please try to contact their support for more information.

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to the sticky post for more details.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Friday, July 17, 2020 2:28 AM
  • Hi ,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. If you have any further updates on this issue, please feel free to post back.

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to the sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

Saturday, July 18, 2020 11:52 AM
  • Hi ,

Have you got your issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if these replies above are helpful to you.

If you think my reply is helpful to you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Thursday, July 30, 2020 5:55 AM