Unexpected store exception RRS feed

• Question

• I have got the Unexpected Store Exception message four times in the last couple of days, and the laptop restarts I have done diskcheck /f/r and sfc as was instructed in one of the MS forum that I visited. Actually, getting the help notes is the main hurdle. There is too much and unwanted information.

Please let me know, in easy steps, how I can go ahead with fixing the issue. It happened about half an hour ago. 

Sunday, April 30, 2017 2:30 PM

All replies

• Search start, wsreset and run the run command see if that helps.

Does this blue screen error? If see BSOD Finding and fixing them (guide by Team ZigZag) and finding the dmp files and upload those for analysis if that is the case.

Sunday, April 30, 2017 10:35 PM
  • Hi,

Did the issue occur before?

There are several methods you can try to troubleshoot it.

Method 1: Uninstall Anti Virus Program

Windows 10 has “Microsoft Defender” as a default and powerful virus protection application, so even if you remove your anti-virus, don’t worry, your PC will be guarded. To be more specific, users running McAfee reported that McAfee was the culprit.

Perform the following steps to uninstall:

Press the “Windows key + X” to pull up the pop-up menu above the start button appear.

Select “Control panel” from the list.

In the control panel, you should be able to see a section that goes by the name “Programs”. Click on it.

Method 2: Check Hard Disk Health

Some users also reported having this issue appear after they found some issues with their hard drive’s health. There were some important files that were present on a bad sector of the hard drive and that was the primary cause of the issue; some users also reported that a dying hard drive was the cause. If the above method didn’t fix the error for you, then it’s probably your hard drive that’s the guilty party. We will be running a health diagnostic test using a third-party tool to prove more.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 6:16 AM
  • Hi, did you end up finding a solution to this problem?  I'v been getting the same message the last few days.
    Saturday, February 10, 2018 4:59 AM
  • @Fiona Blake

Please start a new thread  and place a link into this one so that it is easily found:

To evaluate the BSOD please post logs for troubleshooting.

Using administrative command prompt copy and paste this whole command:

Make sure the default language is English so that the logs can be scanned and read.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3813-language-add-remove-change-windows-10-a.html

The command will automatically collect the computer files and place them on the desktop.

Then use one drive or drop box to place share links into the thread for troubleshooting.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Share-OneDrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07

It will automatically collect these files:  msinfo32, dxdiag, mini dumps, drivers hosts, install, uninstall, services, startup, event viewer files, etc.

Open administrative command prompt and copy and paste the whole command:

copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&dxdiag /t %Temp%\dxdiag.txt&copy %Temp%\dxdiag.txt "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SFdebugFiles\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&driverquery /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt" &msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall.txt"&reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\installed.txt"&net start > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\services.txt"&REM wmic startup list full /format:htable >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.html"&wmic STARTUP GET Caption, Command, User >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.txt"

There is 1 file for you to find manually:  memory dump file:

C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

Use file explorer > this PC > local C: drive > right upper corner search enter each of the above to find results.

Sometimes the dxdiag file needs to be found and saved manually:  In the left lower corner search type:  dxdiag > When the DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens click on the next page button so that each tab is opened > click on save all information > save to desktop > post one drive or drop box share link into the thread

Saturday, February 10, 2018 6:17 AM
  • Hi, did you end up finding a solution to this problem?  I'v been getting the same message the last few days.

It's ok .. I ended up finding a way to fix it here:

https://www.errorsolutions.tech/error/unexpected-store-exception/

Saturday, February 10, 2018 6:40 AM
  • Which one of the solutions on that page worked for you?
    Wednesday, May 2, 2018 12:36 PM